What do you know about OldMiniBikes.com?

Hent

I'm curious as to what people think, or know, or think they know about this site, the history, the future of it, etc. As some sensitive topics have come up, this question came to my mind. I know some of you have been here a long time, and some just a short time.

Lets hear it.

desert rat

I'm curious as to what people think, or know, or think they know about this site, the history, the future of it, etc. As some sensitive topics have come up, this question came to my mind. I know some of you have been here a long time, and some just a short time.

Lets hear it.
I know I have no need to go anywhere else. I found this site a day or two ago and knew right away this was it. I do not know what happen on the parts side, I should know but I beleave that happened when things were getting weird for me personally as well so I was not around here. I learn a lot from people on here every day. I read everything posted on here now, retirement affords me the time to watch all day. We on here don't always see eye to eye but that is ok as long as it's not taken to a personal level. There are some of us that have tools and knowledge/experience that is priceless and if we don't take the time to pass it on it will die as we know it, I'm seeing it in road bike and show cars. I personally would like people to say " what you told me didn't work or you nailed it" and not just go away. I can use a dial indicator or a #2 wood pencil to make something work, IE bush fix. I've used fence wire to jump start a car, not everything is cut and dry out of the text book. That's why we all need to stay right here and bring different views into the mix. We here are not only from the USA but also from other grait countries. I would love to hear the complete history of the owner and the same for the site. I have been friends with some graits in the past only to really find out who the were after it was to late, I was friends with an original HA but only knew it in his final years. I hope this starts constructive conversation, thank you for starting it sir.

Hent, I really enjoy this forum for the friendly people, the endless knowledge that is shared here, the will to help others, the beautiful bikes (omg) many look better than new and the satisfaction to help others in the many ways we do. When I get up I check this forum, late night I read through this forum, it has become a part of my every day life. Things do get out of taste at times when people have a bad hair day but that happens to most of us in one way or another. This has evolved into the best and come to think of it the only forum that I'm involved with. Many many minibikes and other machines have been saved from the scrapper and the ravages of time to bring happy memories to adults and thrills to children who thought their life would center around Ipads and video games. Thanks to OldMiniBikes forum I have found out about Windber which has become my favorite vacation spot. Thank you Drew for all your past efforts, I hope you and this forum will be around for many years to come so we can all continue to prosper from our shared likes and efforts to save these machines that are such an important part of who we are!

Lizardking

I'm one if those new people and don't know the story. Till recent I thought hoe hem bee was own by the same person running oldminibikes.com. . The people make this place a treasure trove of mini bike knowledge. Most know there's other places to go but the people and platform keep us here. Future is unclear at this point but glad you're starting to speak up. If help or just an ear or two is needed just ask! There must be people here that has experience with the problems you're going through. Thanks Hent!
Lk

Hent: 1st and foremost thank you sir.
I'm totally new to this world of mini-bikes. I belong to two forums, OldMiniBikes and Jeep Forum. Been on that one many years, (2011) 7 posts. Also a Lifetime Supporter. (Not Yet available here)
As stated above
When I get up I check this forum, late night I read through this forum, it has become a part of my every day life.
I want to quote his whole post!
I found this forum upon searching for mini-bike parts. WOW! what more can one say? It's the one-stop shop. No need to look anywhere else. Anything and everything one needs can be found right here. If not they'll tell you where to go find it. Took about 2 blinks of the eye to know i found the gold mine! Immediately jumped on as a Supporting Member. Got to help support this valuable resource for the many that come here searching for answers, guidance, parts, info, pics(OMG) and the people here are always helpful of those in need... free even!
Why would one not support this forum boggles my mind???

I know(think i know) you started this forum and the warehouse out of your garage, built an empire twixt them both. $hit got crossways in your personal life and you my dear friend lost it all! Right wrong and or otherwise. You lost it all. That really messes up a guy. Now as many of us here have done we pick up the pieces(if any left) and we start again. As i said mentioned before.

The Cream always rises to the top. You my dear friend will rise to the top again.

I've have not nor will i buy anything whatsoever from Ohh Em Bee Whse since our initial conversation. I as many others are and will continue to Boycott them. We're all patiently waiting on Hent.com to be 100%

I'm sure I'm not the only one here that's lost their Arse and had handed back time and time again. You will overcome all of this and rise above it, look back and say wow, can't believe i had to go thru that poo to get where I'm at now
I for one can not thank you enough for NOT shutting down this valuable resource for those that come searching for guidance.

Hent thank you Sir!, please don't give up on us here we appreciate you more than you might ever know Sir.

Mark

This is a great forum. Many have tried to start other mini bike forums with no success. There is a ton of useful information on this site that I have used many times. When I got back into mini bikes about 10 years ago, I found this site on a google search. I had a couple bikes (2) from my childhood days and wanted to know "what is it". Then I realized that oh em bee was only a few miles from me to acquire parts. I was then hooked back on mini bikes as the parts were easy to obtain. I have made many friends on here that are like family and mini biking has become a big part of my daily life. There is so much information on this forum and I direct people here from facebook all the time.
I do know it is not "Free" to keep this site going and Drew could use all of our help. Many people have come and gone but the true mini bikers are here to stay. Thank you Hent/Drew for all you do for us.

I dont know things about the site, as far as all the moderators or the parts situation (that really surprised me and i probably dont know half of it). I do know ive gotten to meet some really great people on this site, either irl or just on the forum. I dont comment on here alot anymore, developed some social anxiety in the last couple years, but im on every day. I love the site, hope it stays around. Thankyou hent/drew for the years its been up. I do hope it stays around but i understand it cost money & time to keep it going.

Recently became aware of hentcom on ebay and the website, ill keep checking it to try and make it the place i buy from.

I am fairly recent to this forum so I don't know a lot about it. I am probably like a lot of people, built/owned mini bikes in their early years, moved onto motorcycles, and for what ever reason (cost, nostalgia, etc.) have made a full circle back to mini bikes. For me I have found this site to be like others have said a "treasure trove" of information, networking, and parts/services. I recently acquired a rather large quantity of Rupp parts and pieces (probably a life times worth for me) and have a number of builds I am planning over the next several years. Bottom line is I am grateful for this site and all that it offers. As I go forth with my builds, I am looking forward to getting input from others as well as share what I have done and learned while hopefully inspiring others to express their creativity. Thank you and many Blessings!

I have been a member for 10 years. The site is very well run and has done so much to preserve the history of the Mini Bike revolution. I think that most of us have such good memories being a kid and getting on something with a motor and experiencing the feeling of freedom and endless fun. Even now a kid today can put down there phone and have the same feeling. I have met so many great people on this site. Without the communication on this site so much of history of Mini Bikes would be lost, so many bikes would be incomplete and so many great builds would not exist. Hent I met you several years back when you visited Southern California for a Mini Bike event. You seemed very dedicated to growing the hobby and providing the best forum on the internet.Over the years I have seen things come up on the forum with different people that make it a thankless job. I know when someone has to make the tuff calls it would be easy to say screw it it’s not worth it anymore. Anyway there are a lot of us that go here everyday to escape all the BS and problems of are everyday life.
Thank you again for providing such a great forum.

Last edited:

45t

I’ve been here just shy of 10 years. In that time I’ve seen members come and go (some lost forever) friendships started and some broken, valuable information shared and sales made. We’ve all been part of a support system to our fellow members in need and even called out cons trying to take advantage of the the good nature of the people here.

ive always been an observer here and tried to steer clear of drama and conflict. However, Ive read posts lately that concern me about the future of this site. I’d hate to see this site go away and not just for the fact of its value to the hobby. The relationships and family like atmosphere are so very important and it keeps me coming back daily to check in and see what’s new in the lives of my fellow members. In the years I’ve been here, I’ve only met a few members in person. For the others I haven’t met, I may not know everyone’s face, but I know their personality, character and temperament when I see their screen name.

I really think we are more than a website for a hobby or interest. I think our interests have brought us together to be a mini bike family. I’ll continue to check in everyday to see how my extended family is doing.

for Hent/Drew, I don’t know what all is going on, but I know you went through some tough situations personally. I hope everything works out well for you and your future endeavors. I know your support of this site has brought me joy in the hobby, educational opportunities to learn more, resources for help and most importantly the opportunity to make friends. Thank you for that! I’ve cherished my time here and I hope to spend more time here over the years.

I'm curious as to what people think, or know, or think they know about this site, the history, the future of it, etc...
I believe this forum began 2006, two years before I joined. I have no knowledge of the current drama or what the site's future holds. I don't come here for drama and I don't go looking for it.

I am grateful for this site and appreciate the effort that it takes to keep it going. I would be so disappointed to see it end or to change significantly.

This is the only forum I visit that has been effectively able to keep out bullying, and political and religious talk. There are probably people here with whom I disagree strongly on those last two matters, but you would never know it because it just doesn't seem to come up very often. Vigilant policing and swift action are factors, I'm sure, but overall this is a remarkably civil group. I hope we can stay together.

nightgrider

I've only been a member on the site for a couple of years now and a first time supporting member. This site is a really great resource on all mini bike topics, but especially for vintage mini bikes. I've learned a lot in my short time here. Like most owned a mini bike when I was younger and moved on, but have recently got back into them for the fun of it. If not for this site I never would have found information on my Fox Campus. I don't know anything about the recent drama, but what I do know is that this is one of the best forms on the internet. The members are great. No harsh language or trashing on people's projects. Everyone is helpful and supportive when they can be. I hope this site continues for years to come and helps many more people with their mini bike projects. Thanks @Hent for putting this site together and keeping it going all these years.