When did Predator 212s get so expensive?

SAS289

If I wanted to sell it with those upgrades, I would certainly mention it in the ad. You can see the stage 1 upgrade but that alone doesn't make it worth $300. I just know that I won't be buying it.
It just depends on what you want to spend. I have a low hour 200U that is stock except for a "stage 1" that I could easily get $400 for. At least that's what my son tells me. He says he has friends that would buy the bike right now.

It looks like they were using the Predator as a sell point. You know, "oooh, it has a Predator". That's actually impressive to some people.

nightgrider

People trying to take advantage of people who aren't familiar with the engine. I've seen people try to sell used stock Harbor Freight 212's for close to $200. They look like they have added some bolt ons, but still not $300 worth of parts.

It just depends on what you want to spend. I have a low hour 200U that is stock except for a "stage 1" that I could easily get $400 for. At least that's what my son tells me. He says he has friends that would buy the bike right now.
If I were in the market, I would buy that bike for $400. But to say that the engine alone is worth $300 is misleading. As mentioned above, they are trying to take advantage of somebody who doesn't know any better. If somebody who doesn't know any better does buy it, they will be telling their friends what a good price it was because "the engine alone is worth $300". I have half a mind to message the guy and call his bluff.

nightgrider

They seem to put them on sale for $99 a good amount. Just have to be patient, but sometimes that is no fun when you're working on a project though.