Dennys trike build

An interesting build, to say the least. I would look for another axle. That one is offset quite a bit and could be an issue. Especially if you intend to keep things centered. Check out the Peerless 100 axles. They are, more or less, the standard for the 70s trikes and you would have a large selection of bearings, brakes, and sprockets to go with it.

Rowedoo

I looked at all them and decided not to spend 160 bucks on just an axel . I checked the measurements and it is close.......I can trim this axel on one end.......And I'm trying to build this on the cheep .

Cuda54

The lawn mower tires will be a little rough ride. Are you going with swingarm and shocks? The 212 would have been better I have a slope to my back yard and the 79cc will not pull a 9year old up with out him giving a push. And a 212 is only $100 on sale.

Rowedoo

The lawn mower tires will be a little rough ride. Are you going with swingarm and shocks? The 212 would have been better I have a slope to my back yard and the 79cc will not pull a 9year old up with out him giving a push. And a 212 is only $100 on sale.
It's going to be a hard tail.......But I do have a old farm tractor seat that I have thought about swing arming .

I74

The Carlisle ''turf saver 2'' - 15/6/6 tires is what I run on the back of my E- Kart. They are 2 ply,, & with 8 - 10psi in them,, they ride really well & smooth on the streets.. Have also pretty good rebound,, & only cost around 15 bucks ea. with free ship,, on the Wally world site.
Also run the turf saver 2 - 13/5/6 ones on the front of my Kart,, with around 6 - 8 psi in those. Same price as the other ones also.
Really like them,, & they don' t have to much tread for street running. ;)

I

Last edited:

Rowedoo

The Carlisle ''turf saver 2'' - 15/6/6 tires is what I run on the back of my E- Kart. They are 2 ply,, & with 8 - 10psi in them,, they ride really well & smooth on the streets.. Have also pretty good rebound,, & only cost around 15 bucks ea. with free ship,, on the Wally world site.
Also run the turf saver 2 - 13/5/6 ones on the front of my Kart,, with around 6 - 8 psi in those. Same price as the other ones also.

I
That's good to know.....I'll look into it .

desert rat

I
They are rain slicks.;);)

Cuda54

174 the balloon tires are softer and will always give you a softer ride than a hard tire. And where can you always drive these on the street? Go ride off road for a few days hard. Then tell me how nice they were riding. My TRI-ROD has 4 shocks on the rear and 2shocks up front. The rear tires should be along this type of tire Deestone D929 Dimple Knobby ATV Tires | Free US Shipping Over $99 . They are what the factory put on them new! My son is on my TRI-ROD and look at the rear tires.

Attachments

I74

174 the balloon tires are softer and will always give you a softer ride than a hard tire. And where can you always drive these on the street? Go ride off road for a few days hard. Then tell me how nice they were riding. My TRI-ROD has 4 shocks on the rear and 2shocks up front. The rear tires should be along this type of tire Deestone D929 Dimple Knobby ATV Tires | Free US Shipping Over $99 . They are what the factory put on them new! My son is on my TRI-ROD and look at the rear tires.
For what this build looks like, & where it would probably be run,, I figured the turf saver 2's would be a good recommendation.
Seriously doubt if it would be an adequate ATV, with that front end ect.
I wouldn't of recommended those tires for off road,, unless on grass, & smooth dirt.

P/S,,
That TRI-ROD is pretty cool.

Last edited: