I need help finding a shop & a mechanic near me

I74

Why not try to do it your self .
There is ''plenty'' of us here on OldMiniBikes,, that can help you along. ;)

I

I dont know exactly what i want to do yet. Was thinking by starting with the stage 1 kit- even though i want to skip to at least 2- maybe 3. The only site I have veen able to find for parts is powersports- and they are out of EVERYTHING on the entire site. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I74

I dont know exactly what i want to do yet. Was thinking by starting with the stage 1 kit- even though i want to skip to at least 2- maybe 3. The only site I have veen able to find for parts is powersports- and they are out of EVERYTHING on the entire site. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Let us know what you have for an engine ect. & we will gladly go from there. ;)

Let us know what you have for an engine ect. & we will gladly go from there. ;)
So i am wanting to find the name, cc/hp of a larger engine that will easily fit into my CT200U-EX. Im new to mini bikes & cant find anybody close to me to show me how to do stuff like this- but i definitely want to get a bigger engine and want to learn how to do it myself. Please help with a compatible engine and size

toomanytoys

This is my opinion. Stuffing a larger engine in that frame is useless unless you just want to say you have it. The bigger bore engines are heavier and the hop up parts are more expensive. I see it as pointless.

A stage kit is 2 nuts to change the exhaust.

The intake is 2 Phillips screws and 2 10mm nuts off, slide adapter on, put nuts back on slip on the air filter and a hose clamp.

The carb jet is a removing the float bowl and a screw driver to pull the jet.

There are 1000s of video walk through on you yutube.

Next step would be a torque converter. This will get you the most bang for your buck. It's a bit more complicated but again you tube has step by step instructions.

It's a minibike. Buy a 1/4" and 3/8 socket set from harbor freight. That'll do 99% of the work you want to do. If you want to do rods and such you'll need to invest in a harbor freight torque wrench

I'm not young anymore but at 8 I was tearing apart bikes and fixing them. With instructions from my dad. Anything you learn here will apply to cars and trucks as well just on a different scale.

This is my opinion. Stuffing a larger engine in that frame is useless unless you just want to say you have it. The bigger bore engines are heavier and the hop up parts are more expensive. I see it as pointless.

A stage kit is 2 nuts to change the exhaust.

The intake is 2 Phillips screws and 2 10mm nuts off, slide adapter on, put nuts back on slip on the air filter and a hose clamp.

The carb jet is a removing the float bowl and a screw driver to pull the jet.

There are 1000s of video walk through on you yutube.

Next step would be a torque converter. This will get you the most bang for your buck. It's a bit more complicated but again you tube has step by step instructions.

It's a minibike. Buy a 1/4" and 3/8 socket set from harbor freight. That'll do 99% of the work you want to do. If you want to do rods and such you'll need to invest in a harbor freight torque wrench

I'm not young anymore but at 8 I was tearing apart bikes and fixing them. With instructions from my dad. Anything you learn here will apply to cars and trucks as well just on a different scale.
Awesome- thank you so much- if stage 2 is easy enough for beginners like me- im in lol. Power sports dont have anything right now. EBay the way to go?

SAS289

"Power sports" is not the only place to get parts. Do a google search on "billet flywheel" and you will have 6 different suppliers on the first page that you can choose from. This will also let you know who sells engine parts. Check out all of them. When I threw parts at my 196 I never ordered anything from "Power sports". When I upgraded my Coleman I used at least 7 different suppliers.