1972 Rupp?

GustoGuy

almost for sure was once a Roadster2. The trials tires give it away (not black widow or enduro.) Also if the frame was originally black, probably 1972 model. and i agree with what guys posted... you can get the parts, but man it's gonna cost... Gas tank, seat/foam, torque converter, jackshaft, clutch cover, rear fender, cables, MOTOR, exhaust, probably sprockets... man it adds up!
I saved a ton of money and made my own rear fender and it looks great. Plus it is fiberglass and will never rust. I got sick and tired of looking on Ebay for dented up rusty rear fenders which were way overpriced.

I agree. Rupp Roadster 2's are not cheap bikes to restore and period correct parts are scarce and expensive. I decided to restore mine as a resto-mod and used a Billet rod and Billet flywheel Predator 212cc with 22lb valve springs since a period correct HS40 with a lighting coil are selling for as much as $800 on Ebay. Plus the 4hp engine was originally meant for little kids and I weigh a lot more than a little kid. Plus I like to ride something that demands your full attention rather than bland stock HS40. My bike has full hydraulic front (Suzuki K10) and rear suspension does 50+ mph. 20200917_171956.jpg

Last edited: