My 1st build

New guy here .1st build for my 6yo daughter. I bought a well used doodlebug on offer up. I salvaged everything I could which wasn't much. Stripped everything painted it. New tires, fenders, 79cc predator, clutch, chain, thumb throttle and grips.

That is very nice. I did a similar build for my 4 youngest grandkids. I was lucky and didn’t have to paint. Gear ratio is dividing clutch teeth into sprocket teeth. In your case 70 divided by 12 = 5.83. The stock clutch had 11 teeth on mine with a 70 tooth rear sprocket giving me a 6.36 ratio. I bought a 10 tooth clutch and it went to 7.0 to 1. Then I got a 75 tooth sprocket and it went to 7.50 to 1. The way your bike is geared, it will be very fast on flat ground but not so good on hills. Jay

Tha
That is very nice. I did a similar build for my 4 youngest grandkids. I was lucky and didn’t have to paint. Gear ratio is dividing clutch teeth into sprocket teeth. In your case 70 divided by 12 = 5.83. The stock clutch had 11 teeth on mine with a 70 tooth rear sprocket giving me a 6.36 ratio. I bought a 10 tooth clutch and it went to 7.0 to 1. Then I got a 75 tooth sprocket and it went to 7.50 to 1. The way your bike is geared, it will be very fast on flat ground but not so good on hills. Jay[/QUOTET

Thanks for the info. You're right it moves pretty good on flat ground but sucks on hills. It has more than enough power for my daughter but not much fun for dad. I'm searching for my next project now