Reproduction and Custom Decals

Midyrman

Having to file a PayPal complaint because Jaret refuses to either correct his mistakes or refund the upfront payment of $120. In April, he agreed to do the design and provide 5 pairs of gas tank decals. It’s August and I have bad decals and Jaret now refuses to correct his mistakes or refund the payment.

His communications were infrequent over the past 5 months. When inquiring on status many of his eventual responses were untruthful. He often disappeared and had to be chased where his responses were once again untruthful. The only time he proactively contacted me was when he asked if I had received the decals, when a couple weeks LATER he said he would START working on them.

Last week, after he would not respond to my emails including telling him he is leaving me no choice, I filed a PayPal complaint. He responded by sending decals that were incorrect for the application and he sent only 3 when payment was for 5. When questioned he says it’s too much work to make the correction and ignores why he sent only 3 sets. Thereafter, in the ongoing dispute process he logs a message with PayPal of having a Claims Department that needs to handle the matter with me over the phone and needs my number. Of course, he previously told PayPal that I had been non-responsive to his phone calls.

I don’t like having to share this experience given it sheds a negative light on someone trying to have a business. It’s admirable. But you don’t conduct oneself in this manner if you want to be successful.

Midyrman

After 12 days, Jaret once again disappeared. We are in a PayPal dispute which a few days ago seemed like Jaret was planning to make good on the decals. But he’s not been responsive for three days after asking me on the 16th to proof the layout of the decal, which I did. Since, I have asked him twice what his intentions are for completing and shipping but no response. At the beginning he was very responsive to my starting the dispute process with PayPal. Now that he has what he apparently wants (a new decal replicating a Bonanza tank decal), a decal that he could not have designed without help from a couple of us on the Forum, he has disappeared.

Tomorrow, as I’ve shared with him, absent his response to revise and ship I will be taking the next step and escalating the case for review and decision on the reimbursement.

I won’t get into the details of Jaret’s responses at this time.

Midyrman

Escalated to PayPal for their review and decision. Low and behold Jaret responded to PayPal when they sent him my comments on my submission Reason For Escalation. I don’t get to see that as far as I know.

Regardless, it is quite apparent that Jaret is ok with providing a customer a decals that he knows will not work for the application AND keep the money. It’s a longer story that includes first sending sets that were sized more for a 10 gallon gas tank than a Bonanza fiberglass tank and had a word placement issue. And despite saying he would correct the problem, then making excuses for not getting it done for about 3 months, he then disappeared only to reappear when I filed a dispute with PayPal. He hastily sent out 3 sets (not 5 that I paid for) and said he was no longer going to work on this. He’d instead sell me the file. Problem remains that the revised decal didn’t address the second problem with the first version and he knew that,, but sent the decal sets out anyways.

A lot of time and effort went into providing Jaret with what he needed to build the decal on his system. He decided on the price to charge. He was paid. He owns the mistakes. Apparently now he wants the decal for his store to sell, wants to keep the money I paid for 5 sets and I’m expecting him to not sell the decal to me assuming I were naive (dumb) enough to ask. Maybe I watch too much TV but that’s my intuition.

Midyrman

I’m inviting Jaret to come on this Forum and respond. Maybe I’m missing something and would like to see him share his reasoning for this situation.

minibikefever

I’m inviting Jaret to come on this Forum and respond. Maybe I’m missing something and would like to see him share his reasoning for this situation.
I doubt you will get him to do that?like you stated before it's very hard to get him to respond on his own email,text or phone, I didn't comment earlier because I was holding my breath waiting for my decals to come that were ordered and paid for on may 4th and after maybe 15 calls and messages to him they came today, I ordered from him before and had a bit of a problem getting my order but when it came it was exactly what I expected so I ordered from him again even after hearing some members complain about his lack of communication if any? I hope in the end you get the decals you were hoping for and it works out, it's just a shame that a forum with this many visitors dosent have a couple reliable vendors in the decal and upholstery business that would cater to the members, once again good luck.

minibikefever

And the comment about needing reliable graphics and upholstery people is in no way meant to be disrespectful to Manchester1 who certainly does quality work, I just find it hard to believe that there isn't more people HERE ON THE FORUM looking to do quality work for paying member's on project's that should be more fun than stress.

Midyrman

And the comment about needing reliable graphics and upholstery people is in no way meant to be disrespectful to Manchester1 who certainly does quality work, I just find it hard to believe that there isn't more people HERE ON THE FORUM looking to do quality work for paying member's on project's that should be more fun than stress.
Manchester1 (Karen) is one of us. As many of us have experienced, I’ve had only the best work from her, on a reliable, promised schedule and at a more than fair price. She loves our hobby, has her own very cool bikes, and it all shows.

sonerenos

ive met this cat, quite a character if you ask me. hes done a lot of work for me actually. ive ordered a ton of bulk and it came quick, but the work was sloppy. he claims to only design whatever hes hired to do, and then he pawns the task off to another person. i havent spoken or purchased anything form him long before he even made this post. glad to hear you were rightfully refunded though.