If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid

We're in the middle of a major remodel on my house. We usually keep our washer/dryer in the garage. The garage floor was supposed to be demo'd last week, but that got pushed back until this week. Rather than putting them back out there to do a couple of loads, we ran it in the house. It drains out the back slider into a big garbage can that needs to be emptied by buckets before it overflows. We did have a mis-hap where the drain hose popped off and we ended up with a lot of water in the house this morning. Good thing all the wood floors are getting replaced before this project is over. That was a mad scramble for towels that were packed away in totes.

I refuse to go to the laundry mat and don't want to do laundry at the in-law's house. We've got some racks and hangers set up in the garage for now to lay things out to dry.

It's also really nice to be able to pull my truck into the backyard to load up for dump runs. The garage is getting 15' added onto it and they had to bust out the back to get the bobcat into the backyard. It's cheaper if I dump stuff than if they do it since I only get charged $35 a load. That's our new master bedroom the bobcat is sitting in. It's going to be about 16'x17' with some vaulted ceilings. The master bath and closet will be between that and the house. We're adding on almost 1,000 sq.ft. to the house.

Attachments

Last edited:
BadA$$ bed ya got there Strigoi! Lol :D

I'm trying to do a simular addition, tough to get contractors set up. I appreciate you and what ya have goin on!
We had several that had no interest in doing the project. The one we're using did a major remodel on my wife's friend's house and they do good work. They're not the most expensive, but not the cheapest either.

Just curious, how much are you looking at cost wise? PM me if you want. I'm in the SF Bay Area and things aren't cheap around here.

Last edited:
We found that running the washer out the front door is much easier. Waters the plants out there too.

Getting there. We're looking at being $100,000 over budget once it's done.