Kohler Engines

Could anyone offer any "how to" help and/or suggestions for hooking up a throttle on a 6hp Kohler Command (slant cylinder design) CH6t-15102 engine? I recently purchased the engine unused and very cheap for a minibike project for my sons (and me too of course)! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

let's see a pic, i'm sure we can figure it out! Unless some other guys here have one and have done the same. I've never seen the throttle linkage it comes with stock:confused:

Kohler Engine

Thanks mmisterbungl for the reply and offer to help. My phone takes terrible pics but will borrow a digital camera to get better quality pic(s) and post.

Welcome to the site! Those Kohlers were used in Kart racing if I'm not mistaken. Pictures would be best, we'll be happy to help once you get em posted.:thumbsup:

No, that is one of the newer Kohler Command models. The older model that I have is as shown here (the only pic I could find). The specific model # is CH6T-15102. The design is a slant cylinder-type and despite having recently acquired this engine new and unused, I believe it was manufactured in the early and mid 90's?? I do now have a PDF of the owners manual sent to me by Kohler but no actual pics until tomorrow when I can use a digital camera.

Thanks for all of the offers to help everyone but I was able to figure out the throttle hook up myself after all. Sadly, however, the Kohler isn't going to work out due to the width of the motor and the inability to line up the clutch with the rear wheel sprocket on the minibike! I'll now have to find something more compatible but have plenty of time before spring. :smile:

65ShelbyClone

Too bad. That's the model that Kohler used for the XKE kart engine when all the manufacturers were going after F200 market share. The Kohler was better than the others, but never caught on for some reason....probably cost. ARC might even still have some billet rods and flywheels for them.