Any ideas??

Just bought this beauty! Me and my sons are going to rebuild it hoping to get them off video games at least for awhile lol. Does anybody know anything about this bike? It has handle bar controls, speedometer, fuel gauge etc. Any info greatly appreciated.

Attachments

I commend and applaud you with your intent as a dad. I did the same thing with my son 14 years ago when he was 12 years old at the time. He caught the minibike "fever" and in the process really developed his mechanical skills and learned about tools how to use tool properly. That being said the particular bike you have selected is considered a big "TURD" and you will not get much love for that style/make of bike from the members on this forum. There are some other bikes out there that would make a much better father/sons project.
Michael

I commend and applaud you with your intent as a dad. I did the same thing with my son 14 years ago when he was 12 years old at the time. He caught the minibike "fever" and in the process really developed his mechanical skills and learned about tools how to use tool properly. That being said the particular bike you have selected is considered a big "TURD" and you will not get much love for that style/make of bike from the members on this forum. There are some other bikes out there that would make a much better father/sons project.
Michael
Thanks Michael, is it just a crappy bike? What one would you recommend as a good project bike?

minibikefever

welcome to the forum and minibikes are certainly a cool way to make memories and teach skills to your boys, the choice of bikes might be tough depending on your fabrication skills and originality means nothing on that bike so whatever it takes to get it rolling with a power plant will have them hooked,and seeing that there is 3 of you your going to have to buy more bikes anyway lol, next time you find something get on the forum and ask some questions before you buy it, have a good time and share some progress with us, there's alot of answers here, enjoy.

welcome to the forum and minibikes are certainly a cool way to make memories and teach skills to your boys, the choice of bikes might be tough depending on your fabrication skills and originality means nothing on that bike so whatever it takes to get it rolling with a power plant will have them hooked,and seeing that there is 3 of you your going to have to buy more bikes anyway lol, have a good time and share some progress with us, there's alot of answers here, enjoy.
Oh I'll definitely be posting progress and I'm already looking for another one!
Thanks

Rabbit Hole ... claims 3 more unsuspecting victims... lol :eek: @desert rat

Welcome to the madness, you're in the right place. Lots of good folks here, I've yet to see anything they cannot answer. 'cept maybe the winning lottery numbers... who knows tho I've never asked for'em!

nightgrider

Thanks Michael, is it just a crappy bike? What one would you recommend as a good project bike?
Nothing wrong those APC Mini Choppers. Just not a style that is as popular here on this site. They also aren't set up for most engines like Briggs, Tecumseh, Honda, or Predator. But those engines can be used with modifications to the frame. Still would be a good project and learning experience for your sons.

Just bought this beauty! Me and my sons are going to rebuild it hoping to get them off video games at least for awhile lol. Does anybody know anything about this bike? It has handle bar controls, speedometer, fuel gauge etc. Any info greatly appreciated.
We run our APC Chopper as a candy-striped parade bike. The Clown-owner loves it. It will take some getting used-to with the two rear wheels. We got lots of parts from SDScooters. We run our original engine on 20:1 rec90 and Seafoam.
Good first project.