coleman 200cc engine wont run right at throttle

So im not quite sure whats going on here.

Replaced carb, spark plug, new gas, verified it has spark.

Engine starts, tone doesnt change when I take it off choke which is odd, run at partial throttle like its down on power and just dies at full throttle.

Seems to be getting plenty of fuel, in fact it seems extremely rich shooting smoke and black stuff out of the exhaust.

Could it be a weak coil?

toomanytoys

I'll start out with this.

Did you zip tie or otherwise remove or disable the governor?

99% of the the times people post here guys will spend time diagnosing a problem and then find they removed the governor and screwed their engine.

I'll start out with this.

Did you zip tie or otherwise remove or disable the governor?

99% of the the times people post here guys will spend time diagnosing a problem and then find they removed the governor and screwed their engine.
I backed out the limiter screw some, I believe these engines have an internal governer but I had not touched that, the bike has a CVT trans also so it doesnt really rev too high.

toomanytoys

I backed out the limiter screw some, I believe these engines have an internal governer but I had not touched that, the bike has a CVT trans also so it doesnt really rev too high.
Backing out the throttle stop is ok. Everyone pretty much does that.

So you added a torque convetor or still running the stock centrifugal clutch?

Backing out the throttle stop is ok. Everyone pretty much does that.

So you added a torque convetor or still running the stock centrifugal clutch?
Yes it has the torque converter setup, only thing ive done to the bike, ran fine than all the sudden started sputtering and spitting out lot of black stuff like it was rich.

Ordered a new carb, new plug, new gas, same thing, acts like its running with the choke on when the chokes off, verified choke switch was working, low power, dies at full throttle

Oil level seems fine, spark is there, checked valve train, seemed ok, scoped out the cylinder with my cam and didnt seem any obvious damage, kinda stumped here.

Well, no idea whats wrong with that engine, ended up just grabbing a ducar 212 cc and swapping it in, back up and running now.

Might pull the head off the original engine just to see what it looks like