I"m cutting my Trailmaster in half....

Anyone else got any bright ideas? Cut it in half. Cram some tubing in the frame and weld it back together. East peasy right? Any idea what size tubing I need here? If this thing melts (it won't) or breaks after (it might) I'm buying a different frame and stripping the parts. I'm not afraid of this bike or its reputation. 20211226_152854.jpg

Attachments

I'm going to be separating the front of the bike from the rear. I have some 1 inch ID pipe that I have to work down a couple thousandths and I will be doubling up the down tube and top tube. After that I'm using two 1/8th inch gusset plates to sandwich over the stock gussets behind the neck. I will be drilling holes in the original frame to pull the material together with 7018 tacks to create a very rigid sub frame. The bikes initial design places over 70% of the structural integrity on the top tube rather than a looped frame. They really screwed this thing up and tried copping out to a low body weight rider being the solution. If your going to cater to REAL AMERICANS than darn sure you don't build off road machines for Chinese riders.

Americans in general lack self control. I'm not hiding anything or being judgemental. Just think "Monster Trucks, Apple Bees and Donald Trump." Our records match the statement.

joshua. c.

I'm going to be separating the front of the bike from the rear. I have some 1 inch ID pipe that I have to work down a couple thousandths and I will be doubling up the down tube and top tube. After that I'm using two 1/8th inch gusset plates to sandwich over the stock gussets behind the neck. I will be drilling holes in the original frame to pull the material together with 7018 tacks to create a very rigid sub frame. The bikes initial design places over 70% of the structural integrity on the top tube rather than a looped frame. They really screwed this thing up and tried copping out to a low body weight rider being the solution. If your going to cater to REAL AMERICANS than darn sure you don't build off road machines for Chinese riders.
So your foxing a bad design to make the bike stronger so it can handle the weight of an adult rider. cool

joshua. c.

After examining the frame in the picture the motor mount plate seems to be a week point. The way its bolted in place the bolts would act like hinges allowing quite a bit of lower frame flex this would put allot of unnecessary strain on the down tubes in the front and back of the bike. Welding up those joints would strengthen the lower frame considerably.