Definitely a Bonanza but possibly a MX 1310 TCS?

Hey everyone, first post bought this to rebuild with my 13 yearly daughter. Anyway I have come up with a solid guess MX 1310 TCS but no year does this seem right? Not much information on these out there. The frame was originally Green my coworker said but not 100% sure definitely some green under the black. Thanks !

B1.jpg B2.jpg B3.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to OldMiniBikes. Nice find. Yup looks like a 1310. The Bonanza Gurus will check in soon. I would say it was originally powered by a Tecumseh. Do you have the clutch cover/chain guard? That would be tough to find if you’re going to restore. That Tank is Money $$.

Last edited:

Lizardking

Welcome, definitely a cool find!! Post a picture of the other side too!

Mini bikes are great projects to start with a son/daughter/love one!

Last edited:
I have a chain guard but not the one that is in the flyer pictures. I do not think this is the factory engine? Can any of you tell if it's factory engine or not? Besides that I am only missing the rear fender and factory exhaust.

Here are some pictures of the other side. Any information on it would be great. There is hardly anything put there on this model IMG_20220401_074855850_HDR.jpg IMG_20220401_074849094_HDR.jpg .

mustangfrank

I have a chain guard but not the one that is in the flyer pictures. I do not think this is the factory engine? Can any of you tell if it's factory engine or not? Besides that I am only missing the rear fender and factory exhaust.

Here are some pictures of the other side. Any information on it would be great. There is hardly anything put there on this model View attachment 288330 View attachment 288331 .
Rare find...the Briggs engine is not factory.

Mine is definitely not the original color and the previous owner even painted the rims and forks. You might try and drill the rivets out on the Bonanza plate and see if the original color is there. I have an extra set of forks and fenders and I will take a look at those for any clues.

So I take it this is an uncommon bike? My weeks worth of research going nowhere has told me it is
Uncommon is a relative term. Remember, these were made in a factory by the thousands. Also, just because it's not on the internet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Long long ago, records and archives were on paper. The labor for uploading long lost production figures from a defunct company generally only falls on dedicated hobbyists.

Chevvy1212-

I can’t Personal Message you. Maybe because you are new to the Forum. I’m working on the same 1310TCS you have. If you want to “compare notes” you can email me at :

Midyrman@comcast.net

Thanks

Tom
Great thanks Tom, I'm new to the forum so maybe that's why I can't get a message yet. I will be starting this build sometime this month. It's actually a pretty complete bike compared to what I've seen. I will definitely be emailing you at some point soon here. I think my biggest hurdle will be rear fender and headlight ring but I'm not too particular on finding full factory parts just a decent chunk of the bike factory.

What wheels were on these, diameter, width of the rim, and MFGR. Were they Sun rims? Also, what is the height of the JS plates? Is the front fender mount the same as the MX? I'm thinking of cloning one from an MX, only because I want to use a Tec motor on it. Thanks!

Midyrman

From my experience——-The rims are 10 inch spoke made in Taiwan. Tires are Cheng Shin 10 x 3.5. Brake drums front and rear are also Taiwan in origin. The TCS 1310 tall plates are same as the tall plates on some of the later MX 1510s. I can send info in PM. Front fender bracket (and rear) are same as standard MX1310 and MX1510.

Thank you Tom, I appreciate that. I have a Hodaka MX, but I already did some of those and wanted to mess around with a hot rod HS and a TAV or something along those lines.

I'd appreciate some dimensions on those JS plates at your convenience. If I'm going to modify the bike, I might as well do it like it was originally on the other bikes. Dave