bonanza frame variations

markus

never having and Forward peg and mid peg here at the same time before, I never realized just how different the frames are, stripped to bare bones frame sections only and side by side Its quite a difference! My plan was to transfer everything from the '67 forward peg over to the '68 mid peg frame because the tubing overall and headtube are in better shape, but I dunno now, its very different. In reality there realy only one "sweaty" pitted area on the right side bottom framerail forward the JS plate and the engine mount was popped loose anyway so I can just graft a section in pretty simply with some sleeves and I guess try to clean up the headtube area better with the tig torch.
IMG_2940.JPG IMG_2941.JPG

Anyone have a good shot of the headtube welds on a Forward peg frame in their files? Not sure what's repair or beef up and what's OG on that frame.

never having and Forward peg and mid peg here at the same time before, I never realized just how different the frames are, stripped to bare bones frame sections only and side by side Its quite a difference! My plan was to transfer everything from the '67 forward peg over to the '68 mid peg frame because the tubing overall and headtube are in better shape, but I dunno now, its very different. In reality there realy only one "sweaty" pitted area on the right side bottom framerail forward the JS plate and the engine mount was popped loose anyway so I can just graft a section in pretty simply with some sleeves and I guess try to clean up the headtube area better with the tig torch.
View attachment 289218 View attachment 289219

Anyone have a good shot of the headtube welds on a Forward peg frame in their files? Not sure what's repair or beef up and what's OG on that frame.
897FC2CD-E036-4305-94CA-9B0D10D33EA3.jpeg 5D7D259D-ABF3-4C11-97A1-9CDAE15DAC92.jpeg 5D7D259D-ABF3-4C11-97A1-9CDAE15DAC92.jpeg

markus

Thanks Joe, Someone for sure added alot more material to mine. one side was for sure a mess but the other I was not sure as it is a fairly clean tig weld. Does appear to still be in the right spot though, A little higher up position than the Mid peg and a little more out from between the rails.