Barn Find information needed

This has been sitting in my father in laws shed after he passed. It appears to be mostly complete.

Attachments

I'd be interested if you decide to not keep it. If so,PM me to further discuss. Thanks!
I intend to keep it. It appears to have good compression when pulling the recoil. Do you have any advice for new throttle and brake cables? I noticed the Rear wheels are a 3 lug rim with tire in one piece.Can you still get those or is it better to get a new set of rims and tires?

I noticed the Rear wheels are a 3 lug rim with tire in one piece.Can you still get those or is it better to get a new set of rims and tires?
Those 1-piece tire/rim assemblies are pretty rare these days. They do turn up on eBay once in a while for small fortune plus 1st born male child. The ones that come up for sale are almost always the larger sizes from 6x6 amphibious ATVs. The tire sidewalls usually show inflated circumference. I've seen these from 59" to 65". My Sperry Tricubs used the 59" size and I've never seen any of this size for sale in any condition at any price unless they were attached to a complete vehicle.

If yours aren't holding air, there's really no long term fix. The best likely solution is new hubs that accept conventional rims or make adapters to go from the 3-bolt hub to regular tire/rim.

Fantastic find. I wholeheartedly agree with wildman, above, about the one-piece wheels (I have two 6x6 which had them). If you don't want to convert to a 4-lug arrangement, you might find a 3-lug go-kart rim to fit, then put your own tire on. Depending on what route you choose, I've found you can't get tires much larger than 15" tall on a 6" rim.

Those 1-piece tire/rim assemblies are pretty rare these days. They do turn up on eBay once in a while for small fortune plus 1st born male child. The ones that come up for sale are almost always the larger sizes from 6x6 amphibious ATVs. The tire sidewalls usually show inflated circumference. I've seen these from 59" to 65". My Sperry Tricubs used the 59" size and I've never seen any of this size for sale in any condition at any price unless they were attached to a complete vehicle.

If yours aren't holding air, there's really no long term fix. The best likely solution is new hubs that accept conventional rims or make adapters to go from the 3-bolt hub to regular tire/rim.
Will these work?
https://6x6parts.com/product/3_to_5_bolt_wheel_adapter-htm/

So my plans are to have 2 tire setups. 1 setup for annoying the neighbors with cart tires out fitted with drift skins. Then an additional set for taking it camping at the the Offroad parks here in Texas.

Last edited:
That adapter should fit the hub, but you would need to reasearch what tire/5-bolt rim packages are available that are appropriate for your trike.
I made adapters to fit the tire/wheel combo that I had settled on... discs cut out by local laser shop and Polaris wheel studs. I used 18x10.5-8 tires that pretty closely matched the overall diameter and width of the original 1-piece balloons.

0514111216-00.jpg
IMG_20141221_141810289.jpg

5 x 4.5" is a common trailer tire size. As wildman said, try and find a size comparable to the ones you're taking off. You said you will be replacing the rear shocks but you might also think about running the tires a little low for some extra suspension; most lawn tractor tires run ~14 PSI to help with the ride.

So after putting a new rope on the recoil and little tugging I was able to ge the motor to sputter. Looks like I will be rebuilding the fuel pump. The carb seems to have what appears to be a rivet in bowl that is very loose. Looks like I will need a new carburetor and I can get the old H70 fired up. I have found several replacement carbs on Amazon. Anyone have any options for aftermarket carbs that will give a little more hP? Will the H70 handle any modifications?

So after putting a new rope on the recoil and little tugging I was able to ge the motor to sputter. Looks like I will be rebuilding the fuel pump. The carb seems to have what appears to be a rivet in bowl that is very loose. Looks like I will need a new carburetor and I can get the old H70 fired up. I have found several replacement carbs on Amazon. Anyone have any options for aftermarket carbs that will give a little more hP? Will the H70 handle any modifications?
That rivet may be the drain.

That adapter should fit the hub, but you would need to reasearch what tire/5-bolt rim packages are available that are appropriate for your trike.
I made adapters to fit the tire/wheel combo that I had settled on... discs cut out by local laser shop and Polaris wheel studs. I used 18x10.5-8 tires that pretty closely matched the overall diameter and width of the original 1-piece balloons.

View attachment 292262
View attachment 292263
What is the center to center bolt dimensions on the 3 lug side of your adapter plate?

View attachment 292262
View attachment 292263
What thickness of metal do you suggest for a custom plate?