Rupp 2-speed clutch & jackshaft installation

Does anyone here have experience with installing the Rupp 2-speed clutch & jackshaft installation? I’m trying to do it now and I’m finding it to be impossible….. especially with as hard as it is to install the bearings….. which have to be installed from the inside out (due to the retaining ring which goes on the inside. It seems impossible and I’ve already broke a bearing.

flpmurphy

Take chain to rear sprocket off. Take snap ring pliers to get snap ring out of its grove. Slide snap ring towards sprocket. Next push bearing towards s sprocket. Now u can move hole assembly towards the side you moved the bearing back enough to get other side out. Make sure motor is push back so the clutch chains are loose you will have enough wiggle room to take them off jackshaft then pull assembly up and out. This way u don’t have to take master links off.

Take chain to rear sprocket off. Take snap ring pliers to get snap ring out of its grove. Slide snap ring towards sprocket. Next push bearing towards s sprocket. Now u can move hole assembly towards the side you moved the bearing back enough to get other side out. Make sure motor is push back so the clutch chains are loose you will have enough wiggle room to take them off jackshaft then pull assembly up and out. This way u don’t have to take master links off.
This is for removing. Already did that. I’m talking about reinstalling with new bearings. It seems impossible.

Make sure your jackshaft is perfectly clean so that the jackshaft bearings can slide on the shaft.
Yeah I really had a problem getting that. I never really did get it so it would slide easily… Had to do a lot of tapping with a hammer but I finally got it

Attachments