Sears Bird JC Penney Reproduction scrub brake pads are available again

A new production run. Slight price increase ,a sign of the times.

New US made casting of the long discontinued aluminum scrub brake pad for Bird manufactured minibikes, including certain Sears Roper and JC Penney branded models. A very limited number of these pads were produced and thus a limited number is available. Pad is 5" tall and 3" wide.

NOT home made. Professionally cast from a like new original pad by a Midwest casting company with over 50 years experience. Getting these made was NOT CHEAP

Pics with original pad included for comparison purposes
$89.00 including free shipping to Lower 48 US States. All other pay actual shipping costs. Paypal as friend or include fees(Add 3%) 20220718_120827.jpg 20220718_120835.jpg 20220718_120835.jpg 20220718_120755.jpg 20220718_120804.jpg . Also listed on Ebay but offered here for slightly less as a nod to the greater good. I save selling fees and you save on the price as well as no sales tax.

PayPal ONLY. Reply via Private message

Here are some of the makes and models that used this type of pad: Bird Sears JCPenney Penneys Roper Runabout Spyder Puncher Drover 2 speed Wren ScatBat Scat Bat War Eagle Fury Bird Falcon Lark Sprite Golden Pinto ElTigre Foremost minibike mini bike Trail t

Last edited:
I generally don't react to unsolicited and unwarranted comments but in this case I will.

First off, have you every had any parts reproduced in a short run ,long run or any run period? If so what when and how much did it cost? Provide pics and prices

I'm not going to tell you how much it cost in today's market but it cost significantly more than it did a couple of years ago the last time I had them made. Didn't get rich off them then and certainly not getting rich off them now.

I really don't care about what you think about the price , what offends me is you call my parts junk. What would possess you to say that? This is the third batch of brake pads I have offered here. There are dozens of people who have purchased them , been satisfied and have nothing but positive things about them. The pads are PROFESSIONALLY made exact reproductions.

There is a need for these parts and I'm trying to help meet that need . If you don't need them stay out of it. Let people make their own determination.

I'm not here to peddle junk. I'm here to make a contribution to the hobby with the exchange of relevant information and quality parts. There are lot easier ways to make money.

What you said was ignorant, unnecessary and unappreciated . Lets see your parts??

New US made casting of the long discontinued aluminum scrub brake pad for Bird manufactured minibikes, including certain Sears Roper and JC Penney branded models. A very limited number of these pads were produced and thus a limited number is available. Pad is 5" tall and 3" wide.

NOT home made. Professionally cast from a like new original pad by a Midwest casting company with over 50 years experience. Getting these made was NOT CHEAP

$89.00 including free shipping to Lower 48 US States. All other pay actual shipping costs. Paypal as friend or include fees(Add 3%) View attachment 291958 View attachment 291959 View attachment 291959 View attachment 291960 View attachment 291961 . Also listed on Ebay but offered here for slightly less as a nod to the greater good. I save selling fees and you save on the price as well as no sales tax.

Here are some of the makes and models that used this type of pad: Bird Sears JCPenney Penneys Roper Runabout Spyder Puncher Drover 2 speed Wren ScatBat Scat Bat War Eagle Fury Bird Falcon Lark Sprite Golden Pinto ElTigre Foremost minibike mini bike Trail t
Scrub brake pad available? Thx

$89.00 including free shipping to Lower 48 US States. All other pay actual shipping costs. Paypal as friend or include fees(Add 3%) View attachment 291958 View attachment 291959 View attachment 291959 View attachment 291960 View attachment 291961 . Also listed on Ebay but offered here for slightly less as a nod to the greater good. I save selling fees and you save on the price as well as no sales tax.

Hello I have what I believe is a Sears Drover. I’m restoring it for my grandson and I’m needing a scrub break pad. Are there any available?
Thank you

Hello If you have any scrub pads available I would like to buy one.
If not and you have another run of them please keep me in mind.
Thank you

I just cut the scrub brake off of my Sears/Manco if you’re still looking
Hello
Yes I am interested in the scrub brake pad. Would you know if it’s the same pad that comes with the Sears/JC Penny’s Bird Mini Bikes?
Can you send a picture of the pad?
I am located in Alabama near the Gulf Coast.
Where are you located?
Thanks for reaching out