Powder coating

That’s actually RAL blue lilac I didn’t purchase it. I’m going to bring it to the guy to powder coat it for me. I didn’t realize how deep the color was until I remove the decal and cleaned it.

cfh

that's RAL 4005 blue lilac. i think when it gets on metal you will find it too dark and too bright. i have a feeling it won't be what you expect... My experience with Ral colors are they hit you like a ton of bricks. And since you're restoring a 40 year old bike, it's just too much, looks too "plastic." Me thinks the Prismatic Misty Lilac 0729 will give a better look. it is also ever so slightly metallic, which i think will really help get a better outcome. If you want a bit more metallic then Cosmic Lilac2 #2849 would be cool. Just throwing it out there... but with powder coat things never look like you think they will, until you see it on the frame. I've had too many "oh crap" moments with Ral colors that unless i want fire engine red, i stay away from them.

colors.jpg

Last edited:
I actually saw one called grape soda from us prismatic colors , but the color of the bike is not metallic. I spoke to a fellow has an original one. He said there’s no flake in it.

Why not take the area under the badge/sticker to a shop that has that “ electric eye” machine that scans the area, then produces the right combo?

Excellent idea I’ve never had any thing powder coated before, I’m a noob to this. A friend of mine is bringing me to where he goes.

Triley41395

Excellent idea I’ve never had any thing powder coated before, I’m a noob to this. A friend of mine is bringing me to where he goes.
What part of the country are you in? Could you let us know what the cost is. I'm just curious about the price compared to where I am. My Roper cost me over 200.00 to blast and powder coat. I've got a new place that will do it for 1-125 depending on the color.

What part of the country are you in? Could you let us know what the cost is. I'm just curious about the price compared to where I am. My Roper cost me over 200.00 to blast and powder coat. I've got a new place that will do it for 1-125 depending on the color.

I live on the New York Connecticut border line a friend of mine is bringing me to where he goes. I will definitely let you know.

Minimichael

This guy here states he’ll do standard colors…black, green, blue,red….for $50 a frame….thst above is a 2 stage gold over silver…ct70ish color…
Gold over silver while silver still wet? Oh wait, I see this post is about powders. Just curious because I've been experimenting with wet on wet a bit. Specifically reustoleum metallic black on other metallics.

Don’t do wet over wet spray paint…typically the top coat will tack over before bottom cost drys and it cracks and has a weird finish…just my experience