Should I drive 3 1/2 (round trip) to buy this?

pomfish

I don't usually pay anywhere near that for a roller but this one does at least have the usually missing driven converter/jackshaft.
Comes down to how much you Need it rather than want it.

I have one of these minus wheels in the back yard as yard art and a guy stopped here Thursday and wanted to know if it could be for sale.
Told him the truth, it is my wife's :)
Good to meet another new convert to vintage mini bikes and we exchanged phone #'s.
Think I may have a roller for him in the second floor of the barn plus have a few other bikes that will be going bye bye so we will probably be doing some business soon.

Later,
Keith

f4radar

I don't usually pay anywhere near that for a roller but this one does at least have the usually missing driven converter/jackshaft.
Comes down to how much you Need it rather than want it.

I have one of these minus wheels in the back yard as yard art and a guy stopped here Thursday and wanted to know if it could be for sale.
Told him the truth, it is my wife's :)
Good to meet another new convert to vintage mini bikes and we exchanged phone #'s.
Think I may have a roller for him in the second floor of the barn plus have a few other bikes that will be going bye bye so we will probably be doing some business soon.

Later,
Keith
I have a nice HS50 I'd like to use. I can almost justify the 300 it's the drive that adds insult to injury.

Lizardking

You are crazy!!!!..... But we are all in the same Train with that Rabbit!!

I wouldn't drive for that unless it had hard to find parts I needed. I would rather spend the 300 on parts to finish a bike.

Now, I would understand if you lived in an area that ANY mini bike is rare to find locally.... If it's a bike you would drive most anywhere to get then go for it.

f4radar

Thanks guys! I do pretty good on most days but then out of the blue I need a fix to get a new thrill. It’s nice to have a support group. I would consider switching addictions to drugs or alcohol but reality is to strange as it is.

Last edited:

Lizardking

Thanks guys! I do pretty good on most days but then out of the blue I need a fix to get a new thrill. It’s nice to have a support group. I would consider switching addictions to drugs or alcohol but reality is to strange as it is.
The thrill of the hunt is strong and I definitely can relate.

GustoGuy

Just what you see for 300 bucks. I'm torn...Am I crazy?

View attachment 300222 View attachment 300223

I bought my Rupp Roadster 2 roller with front fender for $100 dollars in 2017. It was minus the gas tank but usually you can find them on ebay.. I decided to replaced the rear driven with a modern 20 series steel TAV instead of trying to use the original Rupp driven which uses the now defunct Rupp 5/8 inch wide belt instead of the 20 series standard 3/4 inch rear driven which are readily available. I also replaced the front fork with a hydraulic Suzuki k10 fork and front chrome fender from a K11. It is much heavier and has 5 full inches of suspension travel then the stock Rupp springer fork. A bit expensive but maybe you could try and haggle him down.

I paid 350 bucks for a hustler 10 years ago....but it off my buddies wife and it was hers when she was a kid....I also way over paid for a superbroc that I wonder if ill ever get to. seems for me at least, they all cant be the best deal but if I like it enough ill do a "less of a deal" just to get it. the superbroc will still be a bad ass bike but I did start in the hole so to speak.

....PS did you get it yet???