gbabins1

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hillard clutch on a DB.
    I have had a couple of Hillard clutches on nmy Doodlebug and they seem to not grab or engage fully after a couple of days. I understand these are cheap clutches but what wears out on them? I oil the bushing by removing the clip and put oil ( and have even tried grease) onto the bushing but they still don't last. Is it the shoes that wear or the bushing? When I take the clutch apart everything looks good but I still get that jerky feeling until it fully engages....... thanks in advance
    Hi, I'm new to this forum thing but have some questions.....and hope you guys can help me.... has anybody had issues putting a TAV30 on a HF clone? It does mount up but it has to be at a downward angle, which means the motor will need to be raised 1 1/2". Also only 2 of the bolts that hold the back plate on will be able to be used.... the head of two of the bolts will hit the back plate edges . So as it is now only 2 are on there. Has anyone been successful at mounting one totally horizontal? It's the TAV with the steel back plate. Also the drive unit only makes a little contact with the motors shaft.... that concerns mean.... I thought this might be a good place to obtain answers. Thanks guys.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…