Search results

1. 2old2care

WTB - Old style Baja warrior metal fenders

Anyone have a set of the old steel Baja fenders laying around ? Please let me know. Thanks.
  2. 2old2care

How to slow/stop rust under fenders

For a low buck approach, just sand, prime with Rustoleum red rust primer, and paint with some enamel - If you wanted to keep stones, etc from wearing the paint, then add some rubberized undercoat, or bed liner stuff, to that. But paint first, to get the rust fixed, if you want the undercoat to...
  3. 2old2care

Help to ID the make of this old bike

That van looks about like some of my vehicles, when I lived up north. Maybe you could get the guy that welded the bike to do some new rocker panels........
  4. 2old2care

Trailmaster front forks for a Baja MB200 / Warrior ?

Has anyone converted a Baja MB200 to Trailmaster front forks ? The front shocks on the ratty Baja I recently acquired are totally frozen / locked- No give at all. Left out in the rain with missing dust seals, I guess. I have a feeling they're going to be rebuildable, even with new seals, so I'm...
  5. 2old2care

External helper springs for front shocks?

Here you go : https://www.diygokarts.com/community/threads/baja-warrior-front-suspension-mod.39663/
  6. 2old2care

Electric start Baja ?

Seriously, now - Electrically speaking, I think what I'd need would be a rectifier/regulator (looks like there's one on the bike), a charge controller, and a battery. With this I could run lights, AND/OR the e-starter - Is this correct, or am I missing something, again ? Oops - I'll also need to...
  7. 2old2care

Electric start Baja ?

8. 2old2care

Electric start Baja ?

Well, I've for sure not decided anything at this point - "If it runs" is the main question......
  9. 2old2care

Electric start Baja ?

So, y'all now have got me interested in these things - I picked up a somewhat ratty Baja Warrior, yesterday, for a project I now have in mind. It was pretty cheap, but also pretty neglected, and / or hard used - It is mostly complete, except for the obvious missing light. It did come with an...
  10. 2old2care

Steering Bearing Friction Welded

So you're saying that the old outer race from the bottom bearing is stuck in the head tube ? If you have a diamond bit for your dremel, you can probably cut a notch in the race, to relieve the pressure, and it should drive right out then - I doubt it's actually welded that hard. You'll need a...
  11. 2old2care

Steering Bearing Friction Welded

Hard to tell from the photos - Is that gold colored tube a spacer between the bearings ? Coleman's parts pages don't show that - Just the bolt and the 2 bearings. If the bearing seats are still OK, you can just pull the old races, and buy new ones, and a replacement bolt - All pretty cheap parts...
  12. 2old2care

Where to start on new project

I think most people just bend them back cold - Yours don't look half as bad as some examples . They were likely originally bent by crashing into something, so if you can avoid that in the future, you should be fine :~)
  13. 2old2care

Tires for a sandy road ?

Thanks - I've ordered a pair of the power II's - They sure LOOK like they'll be an improvement. I will report back :~)
  14. 2old2care

Where to start on new project

Front fork looks like it needs a little straightening.
  15. 2old2care

Tires for a sandy road ?

OK - I've been riding my CT200U for a little while now, and I'm wondering if I might need some better tires. As I said in previous thread, my daily ride is 1/4 mile out and back on a sandy road - The road is basically a couple inch deep layer of loose sand over a harder base. There are firm...
  16. 2old2care

Frame ID?

I believe they should be straight and in line with the triple tree / head tube - I think someone hit something with it, at one time. Some on here call those "high speed forks" :~)
  17. 2old2care

Frame ID?

If you do anything with it, be sure to start by straitening the forks.
  18. 2old2care

Tote gote model 600

Sigh ...........
  19. 2old2care

New to me Colman CT200U - Sudden clutch lock up ?

OK, I'm back. I replaced the clutch, and it's a LOT better - Much smoother and more predictable. Of course, one thing led to another, and I wound up replacing not only the clutch, but the chains, jackshaft bearings, tension roller, rear wheel bearings, and brake shoes, as well ! We'll see how...
  20. 2old2care

Tote gote model 600

For me, it's always that way for stuff like this, no matter what it is - Geographical incompatibility ............