Search results

1. minibikin'

Followed me home ...

If you zoom, the lower fork legs are larger diameter than the actual fork tube. My guess is someone slipped those bent legs over the cutoff lower forks and welded them on.
  2. minibikin'

Mickey Bike Roller

I've been looking for a Mickey for years. Looks like I missed one of the best deals out there on one!
  3. minibikin'

Need throttle linkage advice

Take the spring from the throttle shaft top plate going to your cable off. Not needed. That should help as well as the link provided.
  4. minibikin'

Seat Upholsterer

Elephant wax has worked well for me but if the vinyl is actually brittle and cracking apart nothing will save it.
  5. minibikin'

Bike identification help

It's a Sears. @markus has posted the brochure before regarding this model I believe.
  6. minibikin'

Anybody Know?

The frame was definitely Bird/Sears based by the narrow lower rails, engine plate and scrub brake....
  7. minibikin'

Thanks to member FloridaMiniBikes for a great transaction

Just wanted to post a quick thank you to @FloridaMiniBikes for a smooth transaction of his Tec Motorsport H50 he sold me. David was honest, responsive and went out of his way to help me get this engine for a General Appliance Trail Blazer project I'm stockpiling parts for. We all see the threads...
  8. minibikin'

Windber Mini bike reunion 2022.

Have fun everyone. Maybe I'll see you next year....
  9. minibikin'

New project

Looks good. What are your plans for a seat? There is someone who makes a fantastic reproduction. It's well worth the price and time it takes to get it.... If you are planning to get the repro decals and need accurate measurements for placement send me a PM...
  10. minibikin'

Is this nut for flywheel sufficiently tight?

Karen is correct. You can put it on and impact it tight but the taper is a few degrees different. If safety is your concern, don't do it. Use the Kohler flywheel that is a direct bolt on. If there is another charging coil flywheel for the Hemi, I'm not aware of it.
  11. minibikin'

Faked Ruttman ID Stamp ?

The stamp sure look to have weathered 50 years of life as well as a few paint jobs. I agree that the rear axle drop outs don't look quite correct though. I no longer have a washer frame for reference to be sure though...
  12. minibikin'

Rpm range with midly buit 212cc

and not for long either:D
  13. minibikin'

Gearing

Rider weight? You might go up a hill with a decent run at it but it won't pull you from the bottom at a start most likely...
  14. minibikin'

Huffy hustler

Wow! Excellent survivor!
  15. minibikin'

MAYBE I'll text them to you....:D
  16. minibikin'

I'm looking for a way to get my Trail Horse roller to Windber from @derekbmn in Minnesota. If anyone is coming past him and wants to make some fuel money, let me know please. I may have a pretty sweet Heald VT survivor for sale from my Dad as well. If anyone is seriously interested I can get...
  17. minibikin'

Frame ID?

I'm gonna say homemade on that one....
  18. minibikin'

Mini bike interview from my friends at GPS

Super cool! Like I said on FB, it would be cool to see this from a few more members of the community. I've seen your name pop up in some of the groups and it's fun to put a face/collection to the name.
  19. minibikin'

212 Wont rev all the way

A little more info may help. Are you running a centrifugal clutch or a TAV/belt setup?
  20. minibikin'

Definitely a Bonanza but possibly a MX 1310 TCS?

Dave, someone was reproducing the tall JS plates needed to convert a standard frame but I cannot remember who? It may have been @Hent and I when I was working with him. I know I had a set of them in my stash but gave them to someone who needed them for a conversion. @Peekster may remember as...