Search results

1. GustoGuy

Which Predator??

Both the Hemi and non-hemi have tons of go fast parts for it. I have the non-hemi version and one benefit of the non-hemi version is it is easier to swap the camshaft since the Hemi engine crankshaft needs to be ground a bit in order to prevent contact with larger lobed longer duration camshafts.
  2. GustoGuy

Predator 212 on 1971 Roadster 2

In trying to solve the problem with unintended wheelies I am also putting on a 12 T jackshaft sprocket since the bike hits very hard off the bottom and it is almost un-ridable by novices.
  3. GustoGuy

Predator 212 on 1971 Roadster 2

I like the Suzuki K10 Motorcycle fork much better than the original fork. The Suzuki K10 has about 4.5 to 5 inches of suspension travel. The stock pogo stick Rupp fork about 3 inches of travel. Plus with a Predator 212cc the K10 is much heavier which should help to reduce the risk of unintended...
  4. GustoGuy

Bride of Frankenstein - a cure for leftover parts cluttering the workshop.

Amazing fabrication skills you have. I like how you are building a bike from the ground up with leftover parts and motorcycle parts.
  5. GustoGuy

Restomod spyder

The chrome split pipe is awesome. Did you make that or buy it?
  6. GustoGuy

Bride of Frankenstein - a cure for leftover parts cluttering the workshop.

A built Predator 212cc makes plenty of power even for a motocross motorcycle. I have a resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 with built Predator 212cc and a Suzuki k10 fork and hydraulic shocks in the rear and I let my wife's 34 year old nephew ride it in July and he said he used to ride Yamaha 125cc dirt...
  7. GustoGuy

Rupp Roadster 2 Seat pan off center after wheelie incident

I centered it nicely. Lots of pulling and running a hair dryer to soften the metal but it lines up again. Now I just have to put it together again.
  8. GustoGuy

After tugging on it seems to line up much better now. Here is a picture from below the seat pan
  9. GustoGuy

Here is how I am going to pull the seat pan over to the right just over a quarter of an inch. I will do it slowly and may even heat the seat pan with my heat gun to make it bend easier. Being it is just thick sheet metal it will bend but I would like to prevent any kinking of the steel while I...
  10. GustoGuy

Here is a picture showing how the seat pan was shifted towards the left when it was wheelied over. The indentations are from the visegrip when I was trying to bend the pan back into shape after pulling it down with the hand winch with the homemadeblock and tackle. The edge of the seat pan was...
  11. GustoGuy

Jackshaft not true

Roll the shaft on a flat surface and if it is wobbly then it should be replaced.
  12. GustoGuy

38mph Sears!

Govenor removed. Tecumseh engines usually don't do well at high rpms. Plus stock flywheels can be dangerous at high rpms. Billet connecting rods and Billet flywheels are recommended if removing the govenor. However the oil hole mod should help to prevent oil starvation and possible seizing on...
  13. GustoGuy

I found and ordered a 12 tooth Azusa type C 40 41 jackshaft sprocket so hopefully that extra tooth will tame the bikes tendency to want pull up the front end. Plus I am going to be way more discerning about who can ride the bike. Right now it is my son and my stepdaughters fiance who are allowed...
  14. GustoGuy

I put my 11 tooth front sprocket on the jackshaft and it turns out it won't make any difference since there was already a worn out 11 tooth sprocket on the bike. The chain will no longer come together at the master link so being it's new sprocket it has a slightly larger diameter so it may add a...
  15. GustoGuy

Rupp Continental Resto-Mod

Agreed. Honda came out with the small OHV back in the mid 1980's and now they are the defacto standard since nearly all small engines today are OHV or OHC. No more flat heads anymore. I heard that flathead engines were not able to meet the strick emissions standards of new engines so...
  16. GustoGuy

Rupp Continental Resto-Mod

The most reliable engines I have are Predator 212cc engines. I have 3 if them. 1 on a snowblower and 2 on minibikes and they always start with 1 to 2 pulls of the recoil. Oldest one December 2012.
  17. GustoGuy

I been thinking how to shift the seat pan towards the right just over a quarter of an inch. I have a wood deck trailer which i used for my snowmobiles and mounting the winch on the wood deck with wood screws. Then placing the bike with the right hand side rear top anchoring bolt of the shock...
  18. GustoGuy

The part that got bent is the sheet metal seat pan. The bike seems to track just fine when I rode it. I doubt it bent the tubular frame part. From the damages I could tell he hit more on the right side of the seat pan because it was bent more sharply in that area. I could drill out the license...
  19. GustoGuy

B Few abrasions to his right hand and a bruise on his leg. He said that he used to ride a 1999 Yamaha 125cc dirt bike so I mistakenly thought he could handle the bike. The last thing I told him was not to gun it and to take off easy because it has enough power to wheelie up. Evidently he...
  20. GustoGuy

Let my wife's nephew ride a couple of weeks and despite telling him not to gun it and take off easy he wheelied my stage 3 Predator 212cc Resto-mod Rupp over. I used a block and tackle with a hand winch to bend down the pan into place now when I am trying to put it together the license plate...