Search results

1. R

what are you listening to v.2.0

Ron Wood on bass!
  2. R

If you ever wondered ... what Beck with the Stones might sound like - Cool to see these guys having fun.
  3. R

Fenders on a Taco?

I'm a born heretic! haha Could be heresy ... if done badly. That's why I want to come up with a mounting solution that does not mar the frame and is not permanent. Some combination of rubber mounts and clamping that I could always remove. Hence my desire for a lightweight fender as opposed to a...
  4. R

Fenders on a Taco?

Bump. Anyone here ever had anything done by a 3D printing shop?
  5. R

West Bend 820 Tav2 Sprocket mini bike.

"might be too much HP" No such thing!! :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:
  6. R

West Bend 820 Tav2 Sprocket mini bike.

You guys might want to look into having a compression release installed so you're not snapping cords or destroying your recoil .... especially if you've bumped up the compression with a thinner head gasket. Plus saving your arm and shoulder some grief! lol See the red button. You just push it...
  7. R

Loving that hard percussive rhythm guitar from Carmen Vandenberg !
  8. R

He wasn't bad on bass either - Kinda adds new meaning to the term double bass. :):)
  9. R

I used the pic of Jimmy and Jeff as sort of a Xmas card to some of my music friends this year. Wonderful shot! Unfortunately, I guess it's also a farewell card now for Jeff. Amazing and unique talent. Can't really say anyone even attempted to copy his style. Other than us as grade school kids...
  10. R

Flexo Super Scrambler Roller

Thanks
  11. R

Flexo Super Scrambler Roller

Sweet! I think those actually came with a WB700 engine option way back when. Also, a PP AH58 (which my friend had on his back then). As I understand it, those small rectangular 'tabs' just forward of the jackshaft are what make it a Super Scrambler as opposed to just a Scrambler? Anyone happen...
  12. R

Can’t find serial number on Taco

Possibly the location of the S/N moved over the years? Maybe previous owner ground it off? I attached a pic of one. Maybe one of the OG Taco experts can weigh in?
  13. R

Can’t find serial number on Taco

That appears to be a 44. There's no frame strap off of the forward seat mount bracket, for a fuel tank which would have indicated a 66. And that is a Series 1? chassis with the round tube chainstays. And the dreaded combo swingarm pivot/jackshaft. There were two more later design changes to fix...
  14. R

Arctic Cat Screamer Exhaust

For all you 820 owners, if you haven't already, look up Ryan Courts on Facebook. He is single-handedly resurrecting the West Bend 820. He already has a lot of stuff available and is working on more stuff. With the demise of US Motor Power - who knows what that real story was? - it is pretty...
  15. R

coolest mini bikes???

Cool thread. I'll weigh in with the Taco 66. Let me preface though, we all are sentimental about the bikes we had as kids so maybe I'm biased on this ... but I think, aesthetically, it is the best looking. It has the double cradle frame, rear shocks and just the right spacing of the engine and...
  16. R

Taco 22

Taco experts - is that a legit Taco frame? The squished portions where the front down tubes meet the steering head look different?
  17. R

The Taco Steens never built

Soooo .... when do we get to see a vid of the Terminator in action? Or even just a startup and walk around? That thing has turned us all back into excited little kids again!
  18. R

Taco 66

Looks clean. Gonna go out on a limb here .... and say the price is going to go up from $200. :scooter: Shouldn't a 66 have the flat tank mount strip under the seat? Did the 44 come with the same round tube swingarm?
  19. R

Need a name for it now .... Steens Strider? Taco T-9000? Taconda 90?
  20. R

That is totally cool! I always wondered about that Steens pic / bike as well. Would love to hear more about what went into the build. Great job.