Search results

1. delray

18lb Valve Springs With Stock Cam?

page 3 on my hs-40 build should help little. https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/hs-40-build.161335/page-3
  2. delray

18lb Valve Springs With Stock Cam?

18 will still work , assuming you are still using the correct modified dyno retainers and keepers from a flathead briggs and the 18 pound spring are animal springs. 16 pound animal springs would be the best for a stock hs-cam. when setup right with good carb and header that cam will pull good up...
  3. delray

Valve Float

here you go ole4,
  4. delray

SYMCO Hotrod & Kustom, Mini bike racing. Aug 9-10

I heard the parade ride was little crazy.
  5. delray

threads and dates being change or delated.

wow really dave. words of wisdom ain't gonna fly with me or with the people that have been calling me or texting me all day. looks to me your under the bus and the second set of wheels are going to get you.
  6. delray

Valve Float

if them springs are set right. no way your valves would be floating at that rpm. 26 pounds will hold up 8500 when set correct. I'm not there to see it or here it run,but my guess would be you have to much fuel coming on. if that's a true 26mm bore carb. really should go with a 22mm carb. maybe...
  7. delray

dave I made this posting see if I was the only one seeing this apparently not. wasn't trying to sh.. on anyone. from your pm I can now see the cat has come out of the bag.
  8. delray

yes, it was a awesome weekend there. the last I heard there was over 300 bikes registered. still don't know how many bikes where in just my classes alone that i race against....it was crazy.
  9. delray

here is couple picture just got sent to me and a video. here is video of roccosbike daughter racing here first race of the day and was super fast. just smoke the first driver.https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/dirt-drag-racer.166938/ sorry it's a cell phone video sent to...
  10. delray

here somes pic's I took of simple tom's swap area.
  11. delray

I been noticing lately threads and dates have been changing or delated. for example I posted a event for this year. (symco 2019) now I am seeing last year symco's event posting now has 2019 on it . instead of 2018? you can still see under the date it said july 2 from 2018 posted from a member...
  12. delray

not a lot of pictures from me at all , sorry to busy racing. you can go to chris nelson facebook. he will have some pic's https://www.facebook.com/pg/MadCityMiniBikeClub/posts/ try to find more from other people too.
  13. delray

video of what go's on at symco this weekend.
  14. delray

Dirt Drag racer

nice rocco, I see we did some mods to it from the last time I seen it. I bet that help a lot. where is your driver(daughter) she was real good at driving it the last time. like dragracertpp said earlier, are you going to symco. i'm sure some one would driver it.
  15. delray

cool, I will see you there for sure. I will be there Friday and Saturday.
  16. delray

HS40 Rupp

make sure you take little lapping valve compound on that pretty shiny tapered shaft first and seat that flywheel to it first or you could shear off the keyway real easy. here's what you want it to look like when finish....
  17. delray

HS40 Rupp

nice...…..it's all good. start gluing that little guy together.
  18. delray

small wheel tire changers at Harbor Freight

here something too that I have found that helps with putting on larger tires and rims. it beats using a flat blade screw driver and digging into the rim or worse a inner tube. found it on ebay $16 bucks ship to my door.
  19. delray

HS40 Rupp

got it out and it looks to be in good shape. I believe this engine originally had very low hrs on it. if you go back and look at my build you will see what it look like before I built this engine up. just look at the piston that it came off. I think that says it all.
  20. delray

HS40 Rupp

ok, you might be in luck. I still have my stock bore piston and rings still on the the piston. from my project hs-40 build https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/hs-40-build.161335/ I could pop off the oil rings and take that spacer out if you want it. ship it or just give it to...