1. Rupp 72

Briggs Raptor!

Engine has been sold
  2. Rupp 72

Briggs Raptor!

Price Drop, $100!
  3. Rupp 72

Briggs Raptor!

Briggs Raptor in great shape. Has a .010 piston in it. The internals are very clean. Has 100 psi of compression. Includes an awesome trumpet exhaust pipe. I have started this engine on ether just today and it runs super strong. Just add a carburetor and your good to go! Asking $150 plus...
  4. Rupp 72

Picked up a pair of Rupps!

Picked up these two original 1975 rupp minibikes off of the original family. Bought right here in Wisconsin new. Both start and run great. All the lights work too. The red bike even has the original paperwork. They are both still dusty and need to be cleaned up yet. But after a wash and polish...
  5. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

Yes this is going to be a race motor. So keeping the RPMs high is the intent.
  6. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

Been making more progress lately. The exhaust valve was loose in the guide and sloppy so I bought a new exhaust valve with a 32nd of an inch oversized valve stem and then reamed the valve guide accordingly to the size of the new valve stem. I also re ground the intake valve, cut both the valve...
  7. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

Got my engine back from being bored and plated. Looks really nice, hopefully it increases the longevity of the engine especially since it'll be ran harder than normal. Also I did some porting on the intake and exhaust ports so hopefully it can breathe a lot better now.
  8. Rupp 72

New guys done for now hot rod Dart cycle

Very nicely restored! Those dart cycles are really neat bikes. Does it have the original ID tag?
  9. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

I ground the flat such that it will lay flat with the armarure fully open. And I'm just going to try the Tecumseh washer and see how that works first.
  10. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

When you say 26lbs spring. Where are you measuringthat? At installed height are at the fully compressed hieght like the valve is completely open? Here are the springs I have at the moment that I am planning on installing. Think they'll work? #GP971 Stock Class Valve Springs Made from Chrome...
  11. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

I havn't hardness tested this cam yet however I did hardness test the stock tecumseh cam and it was only about 6 Rockwell C. I have no clue if the cam will work well but there is only one way to find out:laugh: I could make it a full bearing engine however I'm not sure if I am going to, i may...
  12. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

So I did some machining lately. The Dyno Camshaft I am using is one that I've had for awhile and didn't really have a use for. It was the 356OHV cam. Well it was far too big to fit in my L-head so i thought what the heck, rather than buy a new one maybe I can grind this cam so the lobes aren't...
  13. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

I plan to add a compression release. I have access to a few mills and measuring devices here at school so i plan to cope the design Tecumseh used an incorporate it into the dyno cam. Very similar to how Brian did his. In terms of having the cylinder plated, it is certainly an added expense...
  14. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

34537 is the standard piston part number, but then you need to find one designated as .020 over. As far as I know it's the same part number for both pistons but will have the .020 designation on the top. I don't think it's all too common but i haven't looked to hard lately either.
  15. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

The springs and retainers I am using are for a briggs and stratton animal engine. I used them on my last build when Brian (Delray) and I were looking into different spring options compared to the super weak tecumseh springs. The ones I purchased are from comp cams and are their high load animal...
  16. Rupp 72

HS50 Build

I'm restoring an original HS50 for my Rupp SS-5. Similar to the HS-40 I built I'm going to hop this one up a bit, maybe even more so than my last build. I plan to eventually fully restore my Rupp SS-5 so this engine is going to be the start of that. I rebuilding this engine for one of my classes...
  17. Rupp 72

Alexander Reynolds Easy Rider

Sold sorry
  18. Rupp 72

New Tecumseh HS40 carb(s)

No i will not. The 22 doesn't have a detachable bowl, it is all cast as one piece unlike the 19.
  19. Rupp 72

This bike has a UA19S carb. Not an MB22a carb on it which is why it fits. Two totally different style carburetors.
  20. Rupp 72

I truly don't think Rupp ever used the MB22A on the SS-5, not even as an option. I have tried to install my MB22A onto my SS-5 and it doesn't fit. The carb hits the bottom of the gas tank. I think the intention was to use it on the SS-5 but i don't believe rupp ever actually did. During the time...