Search results

1. Rapidrob

2ND ride of the day, to the top of my mountain at 10,000 feet.

Your always welcome to come out with your bike and ride with me. You'd need sand paper to wipe the smile off of your face.....
  2. Rapidrob

Part 2 I'm on our side of the mountain again. A mile of nice dirt road to the asphalt. On the pavement and hauling ass down a slight decline. The bikes governor kicked in at 40 MPH. with tires filled with 24 oz. of Flat Proof, this is a good safe speed. I'm climbing my drive-way again. I...
  3. Rapidrob

now that the bike is behaving again I really wanted to give it a work out. Climbing to the top of Thunder Mountain on which I live ( 8,000 feet). I've done the trip a few times on my Trail King mini, but never all the way with the Hawg Ty bike. This ride would make or brake the bike. There would...
  4. Rapidrob

Tweaked the carb and got a better max MPH

I was putting around my mountain wanting to test if I repaired the spring loaded seat, I had. It now is back to normal. I was running wide open back to the house and was not impressed with the bikes top speed for a governed engine. I pulled into my garage and adjusted the carb jet to allow a...
  5. Rapidrob

AM Hawg Ty with new torque converter and electronics test ride

Final batch of photos: I have many more photo's of me riding back to the trailer,but after looking at them they are just the reverse of where I had been. With a broken seat I took my time returning to the start so I'm just including the last few photos. The final leg to the pavement. I made...
  6. Rapidrob

Putting a tav on a powell

OK, that really sounds like a neat simple drive. thanks for the info.
  7. Rapidrob

That's cool. Do you just stall the engine in a panic stop?
  8. Rapidrob

What keeps the engine at a drive angle? What about panic stops?
  9. Rapidrob

Go-Ped engine fuel-oil mix brands?

I've been running the Walmart Blue bottle 2-Stroke oil for decades in my bikes and yard machines. I run 25:1 and Never had any problems what so ever. Little smoke and no ash.
  10. Rapidrob

#4 Heading down the mountain again a nice Fire Road went for quite a ways. There were just a few rocks. Then back into rocks and small boulders. Too a steep decline and larger boulders. The 2D camera just does not catch what it really looks like.... I passed a biker who wiped-out. He...
  11. Rapidrob

Nice bike1 Tat would do well on our trails.
  12. Rapidrob

Comet TAV2 30 / Predator 212 Pulley Alignment...???

On my T.C they are keyed. There is almost no play in the T/C
  13. Rapidrob

An update on the electrical/electronic upgrades to my minibike

I converted my Predator engine to a charging flywheel and lights/charging system. Head light, flashing tail brake lights, cell phone charger and battery pack. Motorcycle rectifier/regulator producing 13.50 VDC constant at running RPM and four 1850's LI ion batteries to power the lights at idle...
  14. Rapidrob

Let's just say that there are nice young folks and not so nice young folks. You know the types,just turn on the TV. I always say 'Hi" to everyone I meet on the trails. I always stop for hikers,folks on Hose Back ( lots of those) and groups of bikes or a biker on a really challenging slope or...
  15. Rapidrob

#3 Now this is more like it. I did smoke the rear tire on a few boulders when the clutch engaged suddenly. Here the belt did slip a few times as it tried to pull the total weight of me and the loaded bike over some of the larger boulders. And always there is a break of some sort that allows...
  16. Rapidrob

Yes, it is a 2004 model. It has the "Scorpion" tread design tires. At 4 PSI I found there are few things I can't get really good traction off of. The ride for a hard-tail is better than you'd think.
  17. Rapidrob

#2 What is fun are the denser portions of the trail. The Rangers do a nice job of making sure you can see who is approaching while giving you a "maze" type transit through the Scrub Pines. Another trail head and I'm going to take the "Medium" difficulty route. There are always downed trees...
  18. Rapidrob

I took my Hawg Ty with the new torque converter on a test ride of 8 milers through some of the trails I know would be a good work out and if I broke down had a chance for some help if I needed it. After having an aborted test ride earlier this week where the master like securing clip went into...
  19. Rapidrob

Road trip!

Very nice!
  20. Rapidrob

Comet TAV2 30 / Predator 212 Pulley Alignment...???

Make sure if you add shims that you cut a key way in them.