Search results

1. j57little

Fork Stop Ring/Nut

I have a set of mini bike front forks with a 25mm X 0.75 threaded end. Retaining stop rings screwed onto the ends of the forks. These rings retained the entire bottom half of the front forks and the front wheel, but being a 1970's vintage, the rings are shot. Any sources out there for metric...
  2. j57little

1971 Rupp Roadster 2 - Fully restored

Thanks for the feedback. The selling price is $1,500. Local delivery or USHIP at buyer's expense. Original-style brake levers are included, but they had to be replaced with brake/mirror levers make it street legal.
  3. j57little

Ladies & gentlemen, Anyone looking for a Twister Bearkat, travelling internationally and need some extra funds. I'm offering it for sale at $500. I have been asked to show a closer image of the headlamp/brackets. I've also been asked about how and where the horn is attached. Note that this...
  4. j57little

This is a restored 1971 Rupp Roadster 2. The frame, engine, fenders and shocks are all original and everything is restored to original condition. The frame is rock-solid and has been professionally repainted to match the original color using base and clear coat. Wheels are restored in powder...
  5. j57little

Vintage Open - 2018 JackScat Project

Not sure why, but some can see it and some can't. In any case I can send a link if you PM me. It's on You Tube.
  6. j57little

Dragracertpp, Bonanza Chopper, Vintage Class

Outstanding! Reminds me of a bike a friend of mine had in 1971 - and I was green with envy!!!
  7. j57little

The final product - and it runs great! Special thanks to Chipper, Mr. Pat and Dragracertpp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpH4NhFXfV8
  8. j57little

Starting point Almost done. We finally got a break in the weather and I can get out of the basement! The pipe came out good - not exactly like it would be on a Tecumseh, but changes were required for the Predator. The seat worked out well too. I found a really great source if anyone...
  9. j57little

Dragracertpp, Bonanza Chopper, Vintage Class

At the time when I had a Roper my friend down the street had a chopper - 5hp, looked really cool, etc. I was envious. Always liked the choppers! Keep it up!
  10. j57little

I chose some plastic fenders because they fit very well, but unfortunately it took a great deal of time to get them smooth. Now if I can just get a warm day in Michigan to paint them! Chipper provided an exact replacement pipe, but I chose not to use it as it would have to be modified for...
  11. j57little

The engine is done, but aligning the engine, Comet 30, frame-mounted driven and rear wheel will be interesting.
  12. j57little

Starting to take shape.
  13. j57little

The throttle is a modified ARC type. Note the two return springs - safety first! Speaking of safety, even though the governor has been removed, it was done to improve throttle response, not to over-rev the engine. The ARC light-weight flywheel increases rpm and horsepower...at least...
  14. j57little

The seat is back! This should work! I also finally found some front fork springs that would work and they were cheap and required no modification, so the biggest issue with this build is resolved.
  15. j57little

And now the tank is ready, but with so much bad weather here I'm still waiting to paint the fenders and some other parts.
  16. j57little

OK, I know it's not a great idea to use a 43 year old tire, but these tires were in great shape. I bought the bike from a junk dealer over two years ago and the bike sat in the garage ever since. I never serviced the tires and when I checked them a few days ago they still had 30 pounds of air...
  17. j57little

New chrome is getting installed. I like to keep a tidy work area... Biggest problem on this build, but a solution may be in place.
  18. j57little

Most mini bikes I've seen have a simple bolt and tube connecting the forks to the frame - riding on cheap bearings. Here we see precision bearing cups and ball bearings top and bottom. That was fun getting back together! The final paint will be gray and purple. The frame is a hammered...
  19. j57little

Thanks Pat! Jack
  20. j57little

Does anyone have contact information for Manchester1? She used to do some really nice seats, but doesn't seem to log on anymore. I need to find someone who does seats - any leads are appreciated!