Search results

1. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I just now figured out that the I/c 5hp starter cup pulley centers itself over the bolts of the original smog pump pulley. I can now run the pump at a one to one ratio. I’ll drill some holes in the metal pulley and the plastic one will bolt right up. Edit: yes I have two I/c starter cup pulleys...
  2. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

So there might be a chance these pumps could actually make boost
  3. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I ordered a tm24 flatslide to fit to the pump. The carb and piston/ring assembly will both be here the 22nd according to tracking. I’ll be picking up a belt tomorrow. The only reason I can’t assemble it now is the broken oil ring.
  4. Thepaetsguy

Wheel Bearings Questions..

One thing to add is (at least on the vintage stuff) the bearing pocket will sometimes be tapered. And the China 5/8 bearings are a bad idea. Good non flanged high speed wheel bearings in a tapered bearing pocket with the crush tube is the safest way to do it besides a live axle swap.
  5. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Thank you!! I’m still under $50 with this 4hp engine and alot of the fresh painted parts fit the 5hp block. So if this one blows up no matter I’ll paint up another one. I wondered about putting a 5hp head on this 4hp to lower the compression in case it makes any kind of boost with the pump? kind...
  6. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Slow progress is still being made. I broke the oil ring so I just ordered a nos piston/ring assembly and also a gasket kit. I’ll run it in stock form with the tank carburetor and once everything is dialed in I’ll stick the smog pump on it.
  7. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Ya know for 1963 I’m not gonna complain. 4hp is in great shape. Now to clean up and service the rest of it.
  8. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

model number 100202 from 1963 Everything was just sticky it’s apart now for cleanup. The bore is in awesome shape. cleanup test run in stock form then I still need to order a 24mm carburetor. but this is the engine I’m going to test with as it looks solid. will a 5hp rod fit? Or does it pop up...
  9. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Ohh yea the valve guide was near non existent and if you popped the valve out the galley was a half inch deep pool of oil it burned up so quick we ran out of oil to pour in it. So bar and chain it was and it ran fine. worst smoker I had and ever will have seen.
  10. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Hahahaha i have poured straight bar and chain oil in an old 8hp any oil was better then none in that thing
  11. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I have a garage to work in now and look still setting in the grass in the rain.. Maybe some things don’t change. My username on here was a typo... I fat fingered parts as paets and then thought up the pa everything salvageable guy.. I don’t care how bad it is the thing will run just fine.
  12. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I will absolutely keep this in mind thank you! I CANNOT and get the exhaust valve out. Instead of my normal brute ways I‘m gonna let this one soak in PB for awhile. But if it proves to stubborn i might need a different block.
  13. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I did fail to mention this 4hp is stuck.. No matter
  14. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Ahahaha I’m feeling awesome! Everything is on the up and up. Next 5hp piston doesn’t fit but this block has the governor revision. I think I’m looking at a 4hp! Score!! always wanted one of these!
  15. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

First things first Nooooo I haven't forgotten. Been busy moving. Now that I’m settled in I got a 5hp Briggs delivered for a total of $15 my side has completely healed and you guessed it back to our normal programming.
  16. Thepaetsguy

Barn find

I had an .10 over OHH120 and the thing was an absolute monster..
  17. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I got some pictures off the briggs forum of all places... The carbon blades let go and sucked into the intake. He did not clean up the pump at all just slapped it on and he’s running his pump backwards.. Running these pumps backwards the blades have to slam under the sharp scrubber edge...
  18. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Very small troybuilt it‘s 2,500 psi Oddly enough when you start it you have to hold the gov arm wide open till it takes over itself or it won’t rev and will set there and blow blue smoke. I never cared cause it’s only a minute of holding the gov rod and good to go.
  19. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Little here and a little there
  20. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

The block cleaned up better then my red and blue one.. I’m thinking it will paint up to look just as good if not better.