Search results

1. B

Maybe the time has come to start

Oh dang I'll take two haha
  2. B

Carb Size Question

I got mine from Chadz mini fab. I understand small engine cams doesnt make these very often and I had to look around quite a bit before I found someone that actually had one. One vendor tried selling me one they didn't have and I waited on that one about 3 weeks after they took my money before I...
  3. B

Vintage briggs age

Not really worried about the engine being 10 years older than the frame, I'm sure every other minibike still rolling has a mismatched engine. I just liked the engine and for $40 I figured it'd be worth getting running. It weighs 31# including fuel and oil it's still lighter than a predator 212.
  4. B

Vintage briggs age

Yes the main block is cast iron, the base is cast aluminum.
  5. B

Vintage briggs age

The flywheel has a number 8 stamped on it but nothing else that I can see. Yeah I think my main issue right now is getting that old carb running right. Thought about running a little mikuni type carb but I haven't given up on the old one yet. In the pic the motor is just sitting loose and the...
  6. B

Vintage briggs age

Thanks Massacre. Got it fired up yesterday!
  7. B

Vintage briggs age

I picked up an old briggs model 8 for a Scat-Bat frame I have, and I'm just wondering what the key to date this engine is. Model #: 8 Type #: 107032 Serial #: 249701 Any other info is appreciated too, thanks!
  8. B

Vintage mystery bike

Yeah planning on picking it up this Thursday if it doesn't sell before then. I have an auction to attend this Saturday thats got some old Briggs flatheads so maybe I can find it a friend.
  9. B

Vintage mystery bike

Found some pictures recently of the Scat Bat by Bird and I think that's the best match so far especially for the front forks.
  10. B

Vintage mystery bike

The forks do look like the El Tigre but the rear tube on the frame aren't as slanted as the El Tigre and the seat spring tabs are on the wrong side of the frame. Quite possible it's mismatched I guess
  11. B

Vintage mystery bike

Going to look at this guy in a few days. Found some similar pictures on the internet but no actual model names. Any info is appreciated! The images above is the actual bike frame. The picture below is a bike I found online that I believe is the same but had no name.
  12. B

Carb Size Question

I picked up a Nibbi 22mm round slide and will run some 0-30, 30-60 and drivability tests once the weather's warm enough to dial in the afr, it's -5 and windy here in Central Kansas and I'm getting soft so it'll have to wait till later next week.
  13. B

Carb Size Question

Yeah I'm running a Juggernaut. I took the tach off when I mounted the motor on this bike but I'm guessing 3500-4500 for most cruising and over 6ooo if I'm getting on it, but I run much lower if I'm climbing any kind of hill or rolling over rocks or logs or just trying to get anywhere without...
  14. B

Carb Size Question

Thanks Ole4! , that's kinda what I was thinking but figured I'd get another opinion. Sounds like I need to decide weather I want to buy a big valve head or another carb. I'd rather buy the head and have that gain but I suspect the carb would be the cheaper route. I originally built the engine...
  15. B

Carb Size Question

This is my first post here so forgive me if I miss something. My question is... I built my first Predator 212 last year and was buying parts as I was learning and possibly got ahead of myself on the carb. I picked up a 28mm Mikuni type knockoff D slide for pretty cheap but its actually working...