Search results

1. R

tillotson carburetors and popoff gauge for sale

Sold out of exhaust but inprocess of having more made
  2. R

tillotson carburetors and popoff gauge for sale

Have Clinton A400 Panther And need to replace carb. Understand Tillotson HL189, Hl166, Hl395A will work, Do these carbs bolt up to Clinton manifold or do I need a Tillotson manifold? Let me know what you have that will work for gas kids kart setup. Also seeking kart open exhaust such as...
  3. R

Got all items and in good order. I forgot. Do you have an open kart exhaust for the Clinton...

Got all items and in good order. I forgot. Do you have an open kart exhaust for the Clinton A400? If so, which one(s) and how much? Regards
  4. R

Clinton A400 Rebuild

You are correct, the upper right flywheel looks exactly like the one I took off my engine. Ok, $118.00 total for an 83-12-500 flywheel, linkare kit 91954 and the HD rod and shipping. How would you like to get paid: money order, PayPal, etc. Please provide your name and address. I can express...
  5. R

Clinton A400 Rebuild

I purchased engine separately. Was not orignal to my kart frame. Although this kart was sold with serveral motors including the Clinton Panther. Engine mount plate is on kart frame left side. Engine as purchased had compression but has sat for ???? years. Gas tank was left with fuel and...
  6. R

Clinton A400 Rebuild

Engine serial # is X 1155776 A and A400. I suspect it a standard rope start series and not counter clockwise. Engine was not runnable when purchased and do not know for certain. Is there any way to tell? I have not located Clinton engine serial # list so uncertain year of manufacture. Fly...
  7. R

Clinton A400 Rebuild

Yes. Sonerenos currently out of town. Purchased one from Scrambler1
  8. R

Clinton A400 Rebuild

Yes Scrambler1, I would like one of your aluminum flywheels. My research into parts listings shows the aluminum flywheel is old # 5779-B and new part # 83-66-500 for the A400/A490. Let me know price and your email and I can do PayPal or other payment method if you prefer.
  9. R

Scrambler1, I am a bit confused also. Is the better HD Con Rod needed if the light weight...

Scrambler1, I am a bit confused also. Is the better HD Con Rod needed if the light weight flywheel is used? I believe that you may have a aluminum fly wheel for the Clinton A400 Panther. If so, I would like to purchase. If the HD Con Rod is needed to go with the aluminum flywheel then I am...
  10. R

Clinton A400 Rebuild

Yes, I have PayPal account.
  11. R

Clinton A400 Rebuild

Thank you Scrambler1. Yes would like to get the aluminum flywheel and the heavy duty rod if needed when using the light weight flywheel. Also, good the have my guess confirmed about no governor on the kart engines. I have rebuilt the LMB 70 carb but is there a better carb to fit on the Clinton...
  12. R

WTB Racing Kart Exhaust for Clinton Panter A400

Yes I have the muffler off of my Clinton Panther and it looks just like your lower picture. The E65 had an open megaphone type exhaust and it will fit the A400 and A490 series Clinton Panthers. What I am looking for is a kart racing muffler. Not a lawnmower muffler. Thanks for your help.
  13. R

WTB Racing Kart Exhaust for Clinton Panter A400

Clinton E65 engine exhaust (PN 170-121) is ideal but needs to be priced as exhaust and not a collectable. Any GEM, Palmini or other aftermarket open exhaust ok too as long as it fits.
  14. R

Clinton A400 Rebuild

Do any of the G.E.M. or Palmini mufflers made for other engines (maybe Power Products) fit the Clinton A400 Panther?
  15. R

Clinton A400 Rebuild

I am rebuilding a rope pull Clinton Panther A400 2 1/2 hp engine for use on grandkids kart. Need clarification: I have seen footnotes on Clinton parts lists that say their A400 kart engines were built without governors. Is it ok then to leave off the fan govenor? Also, is it ok to replace...
  16. R

Wanted Oil Seals for Clinton A400

Got them. Thanks
  17. R

Wanted Oil Seals for Clinton A400

Need the two oil seals for Clinton A400 rebuild. Does anyone have or know current manufacture(s) and part numbers for these items. Rather not rely on 40+ year old oil seals. As a reference these are Oil Seal Block 94-159, 2303 and Oil seal breaker plate 94-175, 7254.