Search results

1. G

Replacement for Flo Jet carb

I would say that I have tried suggestions with no success, carb and manifold have been all sealed , in valve is operating as it should, haven’t yet ordered the main jets because I am trying to find out more info on this carb, ie CFM rating, you are right about the lengthy post as this has been a...
  2. G

I think what I may do is try and determine first if this carb is viable for my application, any suggestions on how I could do this? I was just working on it , I readjusted the exhaust again seems to have more compression, it popped over twice and not anymore, I do get gas on my hand when I block...
  3. G

Good point, I am going to seal around the manifold etc. do the simple stuff first.
  4. G

Definitely won’t be drilling the emulsion tube
  5. G

Interesting, but I would think the gas fumes almost at the intake through the carb would be as effective, thinking of enlarging the main jet and see what happens, it’s not working now so I can’t make it any worse.
  6. G

Mixture screw is almost out, I was thinking of making that hole into the venture a bit larger, does that control amount of fuel ? also drilling the main jet a bit larger, worth experimenting with for only a $17.00 investment.
  7. G

Update, I stuffed a gas soaked piece of paper into the throat of the carb and turned it over and popped a couple of times which leads me to think it’s a carb problem, would increasing the main jet size help the situation or what other options are there. P/S this seems like a duplicate post, not...
  8. G

Don’t know, never saw it run, my plan now is to spray a bit of gas into the throat of the carb and see what response I get from that I would hope to see gas in the cylinder and hopefully get a pop at least.
  9. G

Mixers are available, I am familiar with the mixers, I believe the carb gives better throttle control for our application, I may revisit the mixer again if a carb does not work. Thanks
  10. G

Is it possible to change the main jet in this carb? GX 160 ? if so, would that let more fuel in? It did run at one time with the Flo Jet , however I never it, you are exactly right for their use for pumping water, very basic operation, nothing like a car engine. Remember, this is all...
  11. G

Yes to all of the above, this needle valve is backed out about 3 turns, does it control the fuel mixture , ie fuel volume ? My thought how this works during the intake stroke would be. Intake valve would be pulled open and fuel would be pulled into the cylinder , correct ...
  12. G

No fuel into the cylinder, has spark, this a pic of the carb mounted to the fabricated manifold, pay no attention to existing holes, I have fuel to the carb, suction when flywheel is turned but no fuel to the cylinder at this point I would love to see it flooded , any thoughts?
  13. G

My palm gets wet.
  14. G

Right, a Hit and Miss with a modified carburetor , no fuel getting to cylinder
  15. G

The capacity is officially a 1 1/2 HP I have installed a Honda GX160 Carburetor rated at I think for 4HP, I currently have gas to the carburetor and nothing getting into the cylinder, when I hold the intake valve in and spin the flywheel it puffs back out of the carburetor, I remember that the...
  16. G

Not exactly sure but not more than 3 HP.
  17. G

Thought I would share a couple of pics of my carb/manifold set up, need to install gas line and see what happens, threaded may be used to some how attach an air filter, got to get it running first.
  18. G

Good afternoon, another question, being that this carburetor is not being used on equipment that it was designed for l have a question on the throttle control, I don’t see a need for the governor spring so I am thinking that a cable connected to the throttle plate will be the way to go, the...
  19. G

Thanks