Search results

1. SpearsPhotos

Cat 400 Build

Time to mount the tank, fuel filter and rig something for the throttle return spring. I had ordered a set of tank mounts but decided I would rather mount the tank across the bike instead of in line with it. Cut off the part that cradled the tank and will weld it to a new bracket. Took a...
  2. Throttle return

Throttle return

3. Fuel filter bracket

Fuel filter bracket

4. Tank bracket

Tank bracket

5. SpearsPhotos

Cat 400 Build

After looking at chain tensioners all over the internet and on this forum here is the design I came up with. It works really well. The first spring that I used was way too stiff. Once I got one that applied the right tension it worked great.
  6. SpearsPhotos

Cat 400 Build

Thanks jdblood202! :thumbsup:
  7. chain tensioner

chain tensioner

8. chain tensioner, clutch/brake cover

chain tensioner, clutch/brake cover

9. chain tensioner

chain tensioner

10. SpearsPhotos

Cat 400 Build

Well it wasn't as quick as it might seem Joker. I took pictures all along but am just now posting them. I ended up spending about a month to complete this project. I actually just finished the bike last week. I have been posting a few photos each day showing how I went about putting it together.
  11. SpearsPhotos

Cat 400 Build

Clutch/brake cover finished! Made from 1/8 inch steel scrap donated by a local fab shop. Next project...chain tensioner.
  12. Clutch/brake cover

Clutch/brake cover

13. Clutch/brake cover finished

Clutch/brake cover finished

14. Clutch/brake cover

Clutch/brake cover

15. Clutch/brake cover

Clutch/brake cover

16. SpearsPhotos

Bonanza for a friend.. off-road BC1300

Very nice! The swing arm design on that bike is awesome. Great job on the bike. :thumbsup:
  17. SpearsPhotos

Cat 400 Build

Up until now most of my time has been spent figuring out how to make this thing go. I guess stopping is probably pretty important as well. So I was going to go back with the original brake set up on the rear wheel. Made a little bracket to hold the cable and did the standard mod to the...
  18. Clutch/brake cover design

Clutch/brake cover design

19. Clutch/brake cover design

Clutch/brake cover design

20. Original brake set up

Original brake set up