Search results

1. Prowler08

Clutch selection

I believe they upgraded the bushing to a newer style and or bearing... Also you can buy a kit to swap it to a bully style bearing and gear...
  2. Prowler08

what mod should I do next? black mamba build

Gx390 carb on Alky...
  3. Prowler08

CL1 cam and GX140 valve springs?

With the 10.8lbs they are speaking of can achieve 7000+ rpm with that cam... Now speaking on that... those said springs will only last 1-2 race nights at that level before they get switched out... That is a AKRA box stock cam, for that spec class...
  4. Prowler08

non-hemi rod question

Because I use the Honda crank you use a Honda Rod... yes the wrist pin in the Predators is the same as a Honda... The reason I mix and match parts is because I do a lot of Kart racing, and the engines blow up on a regular basis... So what ever left over parts are in the bin I use to build...
  5. Prowler08

non-hemi rod question

By going a .020 over rod and a Hemi piston puts you at the same place as the beginning... If you use a .020 over rod and the stock dished piston would move you up .020... In the Non Hemi I always use a .040 rod and a Hemi piston... ends up right around .020-.015 in the hole... then adjust the...
  6. Prowler08

non-hemi rod question

Most if not all non Hemi engines are a minimum .040-.050 in the hole... they have a taller deck height than Hemi or clones... That is why ARC came out with the 2 different rods... .020 for Hemi, .040 for non-Hemi...
  7. Prowler08

non-hemi rod question

All the non Hemi engines I have built used the .04 over rod..especially if using the Hemi piston... using thin head gasket Even the Hemi engine I use the .04 over rod with a thick gasket... Now if putting a Predator crank in a Honda... I use the .02 over rod... This is what I have found...
  8. Prowler08

Predator head gasket on my big bore clone?

The dowel pin holes are different... but that's about it... you are good to go...
  9. Prowler08

Installing GX160 lifters in the GX200?

Why are you so concerned with weight??? You say you want stronger pushrods??? What is wrong with Honda pushrods??? They are pretty darn strong and lighter than the moly ones.
  10. Prowler08

Installing GX160 lifters in the GX200?

I usually run them when the head is milled .100 or more... ran them for seasons at 8000+ rpm... stock Honda pushrods... no issues... Really depends what ya have around to build a motor... Never used them because they were lighter though???
  11. Prowler08

+.175 stroker crank and UT2 piston in 196 clone.

There are a lot of guys that take out the stock Animal crank, replace it with a flat head crank, and take off the Animal head and replace it with a WF head...
  12. Prowler08

Yup... all of the Honda, Clone, Predator... blocks have been bored to various sizes... Honda by far is the nicest block... You can pick up a new bare Honda block for $40-$50... I usually run them a season or two before I bore them out...
  13. Prowler08

I have ran a Gx200 with a Hemi crank and UT2 piston... "mini" stroker I call it... I have also ran a non Hemi, with a Honda crank, Hemi piston and a Honda 3.403 long rod... good set up!!!! The stroker crank like said above uses a larger crank journal....
  14. Prowler08

New cheap carb Nibbi 26mm PWK copy

Thx ole4.... great info... appreciate the help!!! I know the atomizer hurts flow a bit... but it helps for overall balance and low end torque as well as tuneability...
  15. Prowler08

The venture is 34mm, it has the bullseye atomizer in it also...
  16. Prowler08

1.3 ratio rocker on intake only?

Also when these engines were designed... it was for a generator or cement mixer running at 3000rpm for a typical 8-10hr work day... So they intentionally engineered a larger exhaust to help promote cooling...
  17. Prowler08

We are using 14" WC... with a 200cfm orfice... I thought it should flow more than 100cfm... I wish I could have found a 250 2 stroke instead of the 250 4stroke... Nice Kart... I kept the tranny and added a shifter and clutch lever to the kart... Just got done tuning the carb... it was a bit...
  18. Prowler08

Wow, I am impressed with the flow of that carb as well... I just switched over to a Yz250f motor on my Kart for UAS racing...it did not come with a carb, so I used a Mikuni SBN 38mm carb I had... I flowed the carb and best I could get out of the SBN was 100-105 cfm... It looks like from your...
  19. Prowler08

Non Hemi Predator build, with $600-700 for HP parts

I like using the non Hemi block, Honda crank, Hemi piston, ARC 3.403 Rod for 0 deck or .005 pop up and a .045 gasket, F275 Dyno cam, 1.3 rockers, 38lbs springs, gx390 carb on Alky and let her eat... Pulls like a bear down low and doesn't stop till 8500rpm... Or a .330-.356 cam and Champion...
  20. Prowler08

Compatibilities

Also the gx390 jet and Etube will fit also... but a genuine Honda gx390 Etube is like a gx140 Etube but the centre hole is larger... perfect for Alky applications...