Search results

1. ole4

The Ultimate Off Road Bonanza Build Returns

With added duration your IVC is usually extended giving less dynamic compression so it’s good to raise static compression.
  2. ole4

The Ultimate Off Road Bonanza Build Returns

You never mentioned using a 308 dyno. Then you could use a 32mm intake, especially if using 1.2 or 1.3 ratio rockers.
  3. ole4

Happy Birthday "Ond"

Happy Birthday!
  4. ole4

Predator Hemi Assembly Torques???

Sidecover and head bolts 17 FT lbs, Flywheel 54 FT lbs. These are honda values. When I use the Buriss 8mm head and sidecover studs I go to 19 or 20 ft lbs.
  5. ole4

Big 32/28mm Valve Head

Didn't he say he was going to a TC? If so if correctly set up you can go much wilder that his motor. I am sure (although I have not done it) his head with some work around the entry to the Bowl and SSR radius + streamline around guide and get rid ot the top of bowl step He could get his head...
  6. ole4

Big 32/28mm Valve Head

Correct
  7. ole4

Big 32/28mm Valve Head

It's here somewhere. I did a more exhaustive test last year trying to understand why when flowing the head w/carb and manifold I would lose some CFM. I put it all in a excell spread sheet.
  8. ole4

Big 32/28mm Valve Head

9. ole4

Big 32/28mm Valve Head

5.5MM STEMS SI valves. I'm not at home so from memory the chikuni flows high 80,s 24 pwk low 90,s his head probably mid 50's CFM.
  10. ole4

Big 32/28mm Valve Head

The chamber does require unshrouding just the same as a 18cc head or a 22cc head. The area that is shrouded is similar on all of them because of the bore, no sense enlarging it further or you have no headgasket support. I use a ball end mill on a rotary table to unshroud as in the first picture...
  11. ole4

Big 32/28mm Valve Head

FWIW lift is one of the least important causes of v to p clearance. Duration and lsa are what you need to understand. As far as stock heads are concerned the worst flowing stockheads I have seen are the 18cc symmetrical chamber heads. However there are many different castings of the same head...
  12. ole4

Big 32/28mm Valve Head

Here is a pic with a stock 14cc on the left and the others are 32/25. Sold off all my 28.5/25 heads.
  13. ole4

Big 32/28mm Valve Head

You can determine the flow needed with some simple math if you know the HO peak RPM, the cubic inches and you can use 100% for VE. If your head flows less then you are leaving HP on the table. Also the intake valve size dictates the lift required. for a performance motor you want to lift the...
  14. ole4

Bonanza Steering Bushings

Always mock up the build before paint. You don't want to grind on a newly painted frame/forks.
  15. ole4

Vintage clutch...basura?

Noram makes the premier magnum.
  16. ole4

Not a bad deal

Wow!
  17. ole4

340 salsbury series

What weakness issue? I have both comet 340 and salsbury 330’s and one with the steel replacement piece on a 340. Never had a issue with any of them. The juggernaut has a asymmetrical pulley and to me it will have less grip than a true v belt. Still better than the current 30 series but not as...
  18. ole4

Vintage clutch...basura?

Very similar but magnum has the-turned up lip like your picture shows.
  19. ole4

Vintage clutch...basura?

Looks like a premier magnum clutch. Good racing clutch. You can probably download manual.
  20. ole4

What to take on a 100 mile ride?

a case of beer.