Search results

1. thebronc4019

Cushman Scooter Winter Project

This is my new project, the "Bronc Shine Express". Back into the garage for another 5 years. This one will be "OVER THE TOP". If you would like to follow the progress, like my Bronc Shine Facebook page. Go back to February 12, 2020 post to see the van from the beginning. Be Safe
  2. thebronc4019

It has been 5 years since I posted. I feel compelled to do this so no one thinks I am full of crap. Life happens bla bla bla Cushman is done
  3. thebronc4019

K&S Hornet by Scottessey. 2015 build off JFF class

Your build looks great. Love the K&S Hornets
  4. thebronc4019

Using a Shrinking Disk on the Cushman Body Sheetmetal is in awuful shape so I have to work it
  5. thebronc4019

Its not for sale

Ogy,I will hold you to that. I am always looking for a Fox Campus, nicest mini ever made and has historical significance with my childhood. The Cushman project that I am doing now is very cool. Be Well, thebronc4019
  6. thebronc4019

It' the little things in life

Happy Birthday! It is obvious that you know what is important in life. Be Well thebronc4019
  7. thebronc4019

where to get hornet decals

I replicated the chrome and black striped for my two Hornets. PM me and I will explain how to do it. I also have the decal for the forks which I send out to members for free
  8. thebronc4019

Its not for sale

That is an "Allstate" which was made by Cushman and sold by Sears. I am currently restoring a 1947 Cushman "Step Thru scooter which is very similar to the Allstate in the picture. It is a shame that it will sit there and rot, I just don't get people.
  9. thebronc4019

K&S Hornet

For the above two members who need Hornet fork stickers just PM your name and address to me and I will send them out free of charge
  10. thebronc4019

Yes, understanding is that Cushman built everything "in house"
  11. thebronc4019

Progress on the Cushman Project The louvers on this body were beyond repair. I got patch panels, fitted them and tacked them in place. I just need to to continue small beads to control warpage. Once the bead is solid I can work the metal to straighten the rest of the body out.
  12. thebronc4019

These scooters were produced in Lincoln Nebraska. In my search for one I found that many of the surviving pieces are located in states with close proximity to Nebraska. I searched for some time before I found a scooter in close proximity to my home of New Jersey. Here is a shot of the frame...
  13. thebronc4019

The bike is a complete running unit that has serious cosmetic issues which I will rectify. Here are some initial tear-down shots. FYI, this is a titled vehicle that will be licensed and driven on the streets.
  14. thebronc4019

Last spring I purchased a 1947 Cushman "Step Thru" Scooter Model #54. I posted some pictures of it but am unable to retrieve old threads ever since the OldMiniBikes website was updated. I am posting these pictures again as I have now started on this project. Although I have owned it since April 2014 I...
  15. thebronc4019

1947 Cushman "Step-Thru" Scooter

Pictures will not help you. This is not a 2 speed clutch/jackshaft set up. This is an actual separate 2 speed manual transmission with a manual clutch. The odd thing is that it is coupled to the engine with a centrifugal clutch. You use the manual clutch to get the trans into gear but the bike...
  16. thebronc4019

It is only 4 HP with a 2 speed transmission, very underpowered for such a heavy bike. Engine is original and has a kick-start which I think is pretty cool. I always take lots of time and care with any project I do. The last car I built took me 5 years. The one before it took 7 1/2 years. This...
  17. thebronc4019

I just got this. I have to resist working on it so I have a project for next winter. It is mechanically sound with a freshly rebuilt engine but the body is atrocious. It came with a title so I can register it and drive it on the street, slowly due to the fact that it is severely...
  18. thebronc4019

2 Mint K&S Hornets For Sale

both sold
  19. thebronc4019

Forgot to mention these are in Middletown Nj 07748. As far as shipping goesI am not opposed to it but it will be added to the sale price.
  20. thebronc4019

Gold K&S has been restored. All original parts except for engine and torque converter and tires. Engine is 5 H.P. Tecumseh with proper throttle hook-up. Torque converter is a Comet. Bike runs great. This bike was previously voted for and featured as "Mini Bike of the Month" on this forum when...