Search results

1. riverjohn

tecumseh-ohh build

I believe you, massacre, it will be a rush for me as well no doubt. Hello all As you know, (from a car site) "Heavier flywheel helps with momentum of the engine to offset dumping the clutch. Lighter flywheel helps engine rev faster. Since you have fairly light weight and some fairly low gears...
  2. riverjohn

newly built motor fail, need advice

Thank goodness, the second break-in run yesterday was clean! TDC I've added your tip to my growing database of things I didn't know but do now. Thanks for the feedback.
  3. riverjohn

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

This one belongs on this thread, it's getting a make-over, stay tuned.
  4. riverjohn

tecumseh-ohh build

The 3000/3300 is all I have experience with and for years I haven't even thought of changing. I.ve only used a yellow spring(yes they wear out!) and just recently put in #3 hole because I figure I have enough torque already out of the hole so let the TC 1-7.6 and motor head for the mountains...
  5. riverjohn

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

This thread never fails to amaze., thank you KustomKartKid, Your 1st post pic makes the DUMBR bike look like a Cadillac.
  6. riverjohn

newly built motor fail, need advice

Hello all, O happy day! I tore the motor down, didn't see anything strange. Back together w/ a new head gasket, lash .002, choking it, it starts after 5-6 pulls. I run it about 15 minutes. The magnetic oil plug had 3 tiny metal strands attached. Is that normal for a new build?
  7. riverjohn

tecumseh-ohh build

Hey delray, how much stall are you using on the dragbike? Do you want the driven to shift up slowly or quickly with a big-torque motor? Is 1-7.6 gearing for drags about right?
  8. riverjohn

Montgomery Ward belt size question

That's one heavy duty torque converter guard.
  9. riverjohn

Dumb mini bike

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=282840775774
  10. riverjohn

The Purple HORNET

Takes 'before and after' to the next level.
  11. riverjohn

Tecumseh Motorsports OHV 195cc

10-4, thanks!
  12. riverjohn

Anything Goes! FM71 2019 chopper

Bbbbb-bad-to-the-bone...
  13. riverjohn

How much stall? Holy-moly 8200 is way up there. What's your E.T. at 125 and how fast you guys going? What ratio on your sprockets? Is it a 30 or 40 TC or some other $$$ clutch?
  14. riverjohn

delray, I wish the big-time mini events were closer, I'd be there. , It was eye-opening to see the power of displacement between the 196 and 212 series of motors, How do you set your Torque converter for off-road drags like this, gearing? Does top speed matter for a 125 ft drag? Do you see...
  15. riverjohn

4:20 friendly minibike

Yes, butt then you kan't spell very well.
  16. riverjohn

Here I am in the land of giants

Chipper liked this one too, very cool.
  17. riverjohn

Photo by my brother of his Amish neighbor.
  18. riverjohn

Easy, I'm not on here every second of every day. That message was at 10:00 today, not last week. lol Likes: OND and jimkemp
  19. riverjohn

I never even visited this thread so I wouldn't have a clue you asked me a question. If you need to contact or mention a member in a thread you have to use the "@" and the members name. That will notify a member in the alerts. for example @riverjohn Likes: OND, fistfullabar and mrpat