Search results

1. noseoil

Wheel spacers

I use 7/8" DOM with 5/8" ID, IMS sells it locally Tucson), so I guess I'm lucky to have a source.
  2. noseoil

New build, straight line speed attempt...

The image is of one of Japan's factory team riders. We were both in the pits looking at the bike (50 year celebration of the record run, Indian put on a good show of the movie in the bend camp ground). He didn't speak a lot of English, but asked me if it was OK to touch the bike. I asked one of...
  3. noseoil

Edit for the post about the front tire, it's only an "L" rated tire. I was looking for a higher rating, but had to settle on the lower rating for the one I found. My bad for the brain-fart typo. 75 mph is the best rating I could find for a 10" rim. As far as the "straight line speed" title...
  4. noseoil

Last post for today, the tires are mounted & I'm ordering a new wider axle for the back end. I had figured on the 1" X 14" axle kit, but once the slick was in place, the rotor was set on the shaft & a few measurements were taken I ran out of room for the sprocket (Hmmm). Decided to go with the...
  5. noseoil

Next is the front end. I just have some 7/8" DOM tube & 1/8" plate for the steering setup, so that's what I used. Have to make all parts with an angle grinder, drill press & other basic metal tools, but no real stuff like a mill. It takes longer, but in the end the parts are good enough to work...
  6. noseoil

OK, enough background, here's the build so far. I'm in a small town, so there's a lot of shipping of parts involved. The brake hub & disc arrived, but there was a slight mismatch on the hole sizes & locations. The hub is an American standard size, but the disc was made to metric specs. Used the...
  7. noseoil

Started a new build, wanting to go faster with the modified motor I did a while ago. This is going to be a bit of an experiment in many ways. I'm really rusty at welding, but doing better after more than 40 years of none at all. I finally got the shop set up well enough to do this one, after a...
  8. noseoil

Thanks, the shock mount tabs, right? Best, tim curry, Raton, NM

Thanks, the shock mount tabs, right? Best, tim curry, Raton, NM
  9. noseoil

Enjoying the posts on your rat rod build. Where did you get the weld-on mounting bracket for the...

Enjoying the posts on your rat rod build. Where did you get the weld-on mounting bracket for the pegs?
  10. noseoil

18X8X8 rim & brake recommendation?

I called & spoke with Gary at GPS, simple fix really, but it doesn't hurt to find out first. Basically, the disc is actually a metric manufactured part & the hub is a US standard. I checked the holes & the mis-match was about 0.095" (rotor holes are slightly closer together than the hub holes)...
  11. noseoil

Got the brake parts, but a slight problem with the disc/hub connection. Both are 3 1/8" 4-hole drill pattern, but there's a mis-match on the holes. They don't quite line up, off enough that the bolts won't go for mating. Will be calling today to see what the fix is for this. Look to be good...
  12. noseoil

Decided to go with the BMI 8x7 Douglas rim (4 on 4 bolt pattern) & their matching hub. The Hoosier tire arrived yesterday & it's amazingly light for the size. Ordered the MB200 hydraulic brake setup from OMB & a 5/32" X 7 1/4" disc to match. Will have to see how all of this goes together once...
  13. noseoil

Building a bike for straight-line racing, want to use the 18x8x8 Jr. Dragster slick on the back end for higher top end. What's a good rim/hub/brake setup for a 1" live axle? I've been looking around, but there's a bunch of stuff out there so it's a bit confusing. What do you recommend that works...
  14. noseoil

Help! Need advice on tuning a Mukuni 22 Carb on a Stock Predator 212cc non-Hemi

I did a 130 main as well, but it depends entirely on the mods you have done (cam, compression, intake, exhaust, timing, etc.). I did this with a real Mikuni (VM22-133) & it was right, but you need to tune the main jet before playing with the needle setting, or it's a waste of time in general. I...
  15. noseoil

Power Fist 196cc

I use Mobil1 5w-30 for everything small & air cooled, no failures so far. Fill with oil, run it hard to begin with, change the oil after an hour or two. Done & run. Change the oil regularly to keep these engines running long & strong. It ain't rocket science, pulling hard after it's running will...
  16. noseoil

New Build with 60363

Probably should have, but didn't do it. Vibrates at 4-5k rpm, then smooths out.
  17. noseoil

New Build with 60363

Bullfrog makes this piston, its spendy, but a good choice without doing a bunch of machine work on the head. Mine runs well, did some porting to clean up the runners a bit, crude but it runs & pulls well enough up to 8,400 rpm. Haven't run up past that number, but it works. BM cam needs...
  18. noseoil

Baja handle bar swap

19. noseoil

Getting more speed from jackshaft

You can go with a TAV type of setup to gain top speed & not miss out on bottom end at all (only about $70). You can change the jackshaft sprockets to change final drive, but it won't accelerate as well & is harder on the clutch. I've done both & a TAV is a pretty good compromise between top...