Search results

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Parts

1. F

Nitrous/propane injection anyone?

Always liked the idea of nitrous. But I didn't want to mess with fuel pumps and the fuel side. Propane is cheap, 110 octane, and burns very evenly and slowly. So why not? Read up on it a little and vipers are big into this. Got all my jetting info from BTR's forums. Seemed to be spot on. Also...
  2. F

Spring loaded wheelie bar ideas for drag bike?

Thanks for all the feed back! I will make mine longer. SO general rule is you want it as long as the wheel base? Axle to axle? I've been using thick wall alum conduit. Are most of you using steel or moly? I haven't had any issues with breakage yet and I've got a lot of hard launches on these.
  3. F

Spring loaded wheelie bar ideas for drag bike?

I have a cheapie ridged wheelie bar on the bike now, and it works ok. But if I raise it any… even ½ inch off the ground when it hits the bike gets unstable. So I have it barely touching the ground. Which is hurting weight transfer and traction. Anyone have any cheap DIY solutions to a spring...
  4. F

Will a 20 series 3/4 comet driver and driven pulled drop onto a TAV2?

Was looking to get a symmetrical belt on mine. thanks
  5. F

Torque converter help. Magnum 44c driver with 30 series kit?

You did, I'm just tinkering. Wasn't too worried about the money. But I do appreciate the heads up. I assumed since this was a 3/4 shaft driver and not the 1" that it was made for these motors. I used my 30 series belt and it sure grabbed it hard initially since it was taking up the slack. Felt...
  6. F

They didnt have it till march or i would have. I didnt have enough space on the bike to run the larger back plate and driver. And ive seen others use the larger driver on the tav china setup. Its 2 pulleys and a belt. may not be ideal was hoping it could work better than the slippy 30 series.
  7. F

Trying to find a belt for my setup. Installed the magnum 44 series driver on my tav 30 series converter setup. The p203785 is what cane on the magnum kits and is way to long. Looks like 785mm maybe? The belt on the 30 series was a 669mm maybe? Hard to tell. Any ideas?
  8. F

Running no HG

Revisiting this I was leaking some oil and couldn't find the issue. In an attempt to find the leak I popped the head off. Head gasket appeared fine. I reinstalled it with a light coating of Permatex "right stuff" sealer an no gasket. Have over an hour of "race time" on it and it seems fine...
  9. F

Raising stall points tav 30 converter

Well i picked up power no doubt with the 24mm carb... 31* of timing and 27" straight pipe. but this cheetah clutch has gotta go! NOTHING like the converter. Tried 3k to 5k stall points. Its a total turd off the line. Once it locks its a beast. But the 300ft race is half done by then. Need a...
  10. F

Any actual dyno test comparisons between headers?

Man those pipes look slick! So are you targeting PK TQ and just trying to hang out there and let the converter do its work? Would I want to go shorter to try and let the clutch lockup and hit pk RPM? Great looking setup! Wish I had a few guys with “non-shelf” exhaust manifolds to try.
  11. F

I get there’s no way they can have it dialed it to my setup. Though U do give them a description of the parts installed when you order. I will say it fired and idled great. That’s all I know at this point, it’s been snowing. I forgot… When I pulled it apart this last time I threw a 4* key in...
  12. F

Yup stock. Believe they are 24mm. Assuming we target PK RPM? Was hoping for around 6500-7k. The old converter would really struggle to go much over 6100ish. (never understood this) was running stock carb. I'll need to see where the new clutch and carb pull to. Looks like about 2+ feet tho...
  13. F

Cams specs attached. Def. has some overlap. I have 1.3 rockers on the way as well. The typical "off the shelf" pipes all appear to be 7/8" ID. How can this be ideal? The flanges claim 1.08" ID and even those seem to shroud the port? By the time you slip a heavy wall thickness pipe in them it...
  14. F

Appreciate the input as always. I'll bring a couple with me... maybe swap with some guys while I'm there and see if we feel or see a difference. Assuming in general we'd want a longish pipe. Running a 22mm carb 160 headed 212 (non hemi) with a mod2 cam at the moment. very mild build. With or...
  15. F

With good gravity feed, is a pulse pump required?

Thanks! I will remove it. appreciate the input!
  16. F

With good gravity feed, is a pulse pump required?

Just curious if a pulse pump is recommended? And specific power level that requires one? Or if this is more for setups with tanks lower than the feed. I've heard of these "over running" the carb. If I don't need it... figure its one more thing I could remove.
  17. F

I get the performance bug and tend to buy bandwagon go fast goodies. Trying not to do that. And while I do believe you completely and that does make perfect sense… I'm wondering what kind of performance we are talking about on average for the average back yard “racer”. Feel like a lot of folks...
  18. F

Curious if all the talk of stepped, "J" shapes, lengths really make much difference over a standard short or long straight pipe.
  19. F

They are about 53 in ebay shipped. But the ones at gopower sports have the adapter, throttle cable, and filter. And claim to come jetted and "tweaked" to perfection. lol. I'm torn.... farting around with jetting and guessing at plug readings for hours may be worth the extra 20-30$. then...
  20. F

Also FWIW I unscrew the muffler when I race it.