Search results

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Parts

1. GustoGuy

Need help with identifying my vintage fat tire mini bike

Typical bicycle headsets are 1 1/8 inch. Some are 1 inch. Shims are available to increase the size from 1 inch to 1 1/8 th inch. Either way it looks like a sturdy minibike. I would do a restoration rather than leave it rusty. As to engines modern Honda clones run great and can be purchased for...
  2. GustoGuy

First Rupp Roadster 2 questions

I used Evaporust and roofing nails to clean my gas tank. The mechanical action of shaking the tank around with the roofing nails in it along with the Evaporust really clears out the rust fast. Once clean I sealed the Tank with Red Kote sealer and it looks like new on the inside other than having...
  3. GustoGuy

K10 Suzuki Project

Well after riding my bike the lower bearing insert locked up and it became nearly impossible to steer my bike. Turns out the aluminum was being worn and also rubbing against the steel steering tube. I decided to buy a FSA "Pig" BMX headset which has heavy duty stainless steel races and bearings...
  4. GustoGuy

Arctic Cat Climber

How did the gas tank turn out? I heard that the solder can melt at the 400 degree curing temps for the powder coating.
  5. GustoGuy

Welcome to Oldminibikes.com Lots of friendly people here who enjoy their bikes. I got 3 minibikes and it is always fun to jump on the bikes with the family and go on ride on a summer day. I have a Cabin on a lake and there are miles and miles of gravel low maintenance roads to ride. Like you my...
  6. GustoGuy

K10 Suzuki Project

Thank's Ole4 Your awesome Resto-mod Rupp was my inspiration. I am also getting 3 license plates made up. Hot. Medium and Mild for my 3 bikes. The Rupp is by far my fastest bike. I found this on the internet. I am going to need to build even a hotter bike to live up to the Hell level.
  7. GustoGuy

K10 Suzuki Project

Helmet is definitely required on this bike. It is now a 50+ mph bike with full hydraulic suspension. I still need to paint the rear fender to match and get a K15 chrome front fender.
  8. GustoGuy

K10 Suzuki Project

I installed the Suzuki K10 Motorcycle fork today. I was able to find a small machine shop to make the headset bearing holders and 10mm to 5/8th axle adapter. The 5 inches of travel on the Suzuki K10 Motorcycle fork is awesome compared to the uneven and noisy 3 inches on the Rupp springer fork.
  9. GustoGuy

BLACKWIDOW Auction Barn Find

In many ways the Mikuni is a great carburetor but finding a Dellorto would definitely make it more period correct. Nice find. Rather than having a coveted Black Widow like you do. I only have a run of the mill Roadster 2 and rather than spending big bucks on finding decent running period...
  10. GustoGuy

K10 Suzuki Project

Here is the stock springer fork next to the K10 fork. The additional weight should reduce unintended wheelie which the modded Predator 212cc can easily do if you whiskey throttle it. Plus it will make for a more comfortable ride. I also put in a set of threaded steel motorcycle tensioners which...
  11. GustoGuy

K10 Suzuki Project

For my next upgrade on progect Resto-mod minibike I will be installing a full hydraulic fork from a Suzuki K10 Motorcycle. It has 5 full inches of high quality oil dampened travel to soak up the bumps when trail riding. I replaced the spring on a tube rear stock shocks with genuine 13 and...
  12. GustoGuy

Hot Shot Mini Bike

Awesome Bike.. With 10hp Tecumseh and the suspension is it a good off road bike? The rear tire looks really big. What size is the tires?
  13. GustoGuy

Ducar 212 vs Predator 212

Why would you mix fresh oil with used oil? I use a quality synthetic oil in all my engines. Amsoil 0W/20 in the Prius and 5W/30 in the Escape and 10W/30 in all of my small engines. I have a 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT which my son's daily driver with 438,000 miles on the original engine and...
  14. GustoGuy

Pull cord tension so high after valve spring change

I also needed to adjust my valves a few times on my modified Predator 212cc since my bike kicked back sometimes when pull starting it. I played around with the adjustment and rotated the engine back and forth a few times while adjusting and measuring with the feeler gauge and right now it pull...
  15. GustoGuy

GX 200 Smoothness

Both run well. I am not sure if there is any major differences since I do not own a brand name Honda. I have used equipment which have Honda engines. Let's see if any people who own brand name Honda engines know of any significant differences between the engines.
  16. GustoGuy

Rupp Roadster 2 Suspension

I agree. The original shocks are nothing more than a rod running through a nylon bushing supported by springs. After a while the rod eggs out the bushing and the shock gets even more sloppy. I put on a real set of hydraulic small motorcycle shocks 13 1/4 inches long on my resto-mod Rupp with a...
  17. GustoGuy

Skat Kitty History

The history and the story are the best part. The selling point of the Skat Kitty was the little bike which could be easily hauled in a trunk of a car. Nicely restored with a great paint job!. It is fun to see a variety of bikes here on the forum.
  18. GustoGuy

Where to buy vintage minibike parts?

As to buying parts to make the bike period correct Ebay. Craigslist the sellers forum here on this site. You mentioned Resto-mod. Actual period correct parts are hard to find and often demand big bucks. The very definition of resto-mod is to utilize modern parts to bring it back to life. I...
  19. GustoGuy

Post a pic of your 1960 and 1970 rupp mini bikes in good condition

Are you going to ride it or just use it as a conversation piece? I like a working conversation piece over a museum showpiece.