Search results

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Parts

1. ole4

Sebac shocks

Great write up! Never had to work on these but if I do now I know how! Strap around the body to hold it is a great idea.
  2. ole4

Clinton Panther ignition coil

Usually there is a small screw end in the hole and you can screw in a new wire
  3. ole4

Clinton Panther ignition coil

Cant you just replace the wire? You did not say which wire, are you talking about the coil wire or one of the other wires? If it is one of the small wires you could get one like this off fleabay. Ignition Coil Module For Tecumseh 3-10HP 30560A 610768 29632 Clinton NEW | eBay
  4. ole4

What do you know about OldMiniBikes.com?

I've been a member since 2007. What is so great about this forum that is not available on any of the Facebook forums is the data and picture libraries available on a forum along with a better search function. While Facebook has some good minibike forums, the search function is limited and posts...
  5. ole4

Brake cables

The type of cable and bend radius of your cable determines how much of you braking effort actually goes into actuating the brake vs the friction of the cable. One of your best investments in a brake cable is to get a nylon or teflon lined cable. If you know how to make your own you can go to...
  6. ole4

71 Rupp Spitfire

Man what a gorgeous place! Did you put screws in the tires? That looks like a blast, where is it?
  7. ole4

GTC 340

It’s still sitting on my bench going to have to weld on a weight on it
  8. ole4

predator 212

OK I was going to ask about your jetting but I only know the jetting for the Chikuni's, never used a true VM. The carb in the Pic is a Chikuni
  9. ole4

predator 212

Is it the cheap china chikuni?
  10. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

so there are two ways to do this, the safe way and the dangerous way. Safe way requires unsoldering the little brass end that holds the cable in the carb slide, pulling the inside cable out of the outer sheath, cutting back the outer sheath about 1/4 inch or if you have plenty of adjustment at...
  11. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

By the way when a cable is too tight like yours was you will also have a problem when you turn the bars back and forth as they will raise and lower the slide changing the idle speed.
  12. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

I'll go out to the shop when it warms up and see if I can show you. I usually make my own cables from a kit I got off ebay years ago.
  13. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

Disconnect it from the slide and verify the slide closes. If it does you have to shorten the outer cable about a 1/4 inch. Is there any adjustment at the throttle handle?
  14. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

For gas you should run 32 degrees. I've heard people add a couple of degrees for meth but I have no experience running alcohol. So try to see if you can lower slide with the slide adjuster if it does not close the throttle cable may be holding open.
  15. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

The third picture is closed, 4th picture is slightly open. The top boot missing will let a bit of a leak but will not really affect it. So please clarify is your slide all the way down like pic 3 or open like the 4th picture. As long as plunger goes all the way down and the rubber sealing...
  16. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

OK so if the slide is all the way down there is an air leak somewhere. If this was not an issue with the 26mm carb and you just replaced the carb but left manifold untouched we can make an assumption that either there is a leak where the spigot of the carb enters the boot, or if you removed the...
  17. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

can you please list all the modifications to your engine it would help. Include valve sizes, cam lift and duration. On my motors without a compression relief they can only be started with the electric coleman starter and even that has a hard time. It will yank the pull starter out of my hand...
  18. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

The plug looks to me like it is lean but not sure why I see orange. If it was too rich it would be a lot darker. ! turn out is a good starting point, then start let it warm up on enrichner then turn off enrichner and see if it idles, if it does then try going in and out to get the highest rpm...
  19. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

the adjuster with the black knob in the picture below adjusts the slide height. The airscrew is the brass screw below the slide height adjuster. This screw is commonly referred to as the "air screw" and it meters the amount of AIR in the idle mixture, therefore turning the SCREW out will lean...
  20. ole4

Clements 28mm carburetor

If it is a alky carb it would be so rich it would smoke black out the exhaust and the plug would be a dry black color. So lets talk about the 3 miniutes issue, the carb has a idle enrichment circuit not a choke. When you pull up the enrichment plunger it uncovers a hole that lets in more fuel as...