Search results

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Parts

1. mustangfrank

Annoying wobble

Either could cause it...warped could but it seems like it'd have to be really bad. Wouldn't take much sprocket off-center to change tension. Assuming this is new or smooth running chain?
  2. mustangfrank

Annoying wobble

The sprocket is an easy check, measure from the hub flange to the teeth at several points around.
  3. mustangfrank

Annoying wobble

Sounds like the wheel sprocket is off center on the hub or the hub itself is on the wheel off center by what you're describing with the chain tightening and loosening.
  4. mustangfrank

Lil Indian chopper (yellow)

"Vintage" I envy his AC spark plug display in the background.
  5. mustangfrank

How to Chrome?

Looks good, smart doing your own pre-polishing. Mind sharing what that cost to have plated?
  6. mustangfrank

How to ID this H30?

I can't quite tell from your pictures but if there are two rivet holes on the side of the shroud (where a large metal ID tag was) that would date it to circa 1972 or earlier. You'll have to search images of other engines, matching the diaphragm carb, air cleaner, tank style, etc & use the model...
  7. mustangfrank

Got a Homemade 60's Fat Tire Bike

Now that you mention that the fenders do look like snowblower chute parts.
  8. mustangfrank

MTD columbia T/C cover

We gave you credit up a few replies above. I found your site last year when I was researching buying a childhood replacement MTD, great references! I only disagree with you perpetuating the "ugly" moniker, otherwise helped me pin down what I was looking for & I got a digital brochure to boot. ;)
  9. mustangfrank

Manco Frame & Seat

SOLD Thank you OldMiniBikes!
  10. mustangfrank

New Carlisle 5" Kart & Mini Bike Tires

One pair left, $50, FREE shipping in the Continental US.
  11. mustangfrank

Absolutely, I should have mentioned it but forgot. I'll PM you.
  12. mustangfrank

Price drop $50 for 2 or $95 for all 4, FREE shipping in the Continental US.
  13. mustangfrank

MTD columbia T/C cover

Pretty intricate stamping to have duplicated if you were going for an exact copy in steel (thinking $$$). The basic shape with a flat front could be fabbed up out of two or three pieces of sheet relatively easily or at least less costly. Slap a repro Trail Flite decal on? Dunno though, I...
  14. mustangfrank

Heald Super Bronc

They look good, the center paddles look more aggressive than advertised. Please do post more when you get them on. You happy with your purchase so far?
  15. mustangfrank

Manco Frame & Seat

Bump Had two separate 50 buck offers from CL this week but neither has followed up...so $50 OBO
  16. mustangfrank

MTD columbia T/C cover

Doesn't do much but it's nice to have the company of others on a search for missing pieces of 50 year old machines. Don't hold your breath but I considered making a mold off of that crusty later cover I pictured and re-popping a few covers in fiberglass. Way down on my priority list but if you...
  17. mustangfrank

MTD columbia T/C cover

Yeah, I don't even think that would cover much of the belt if you extended the brackets out. Just don't ride with bell bottoms until you find one...heck a piece of scrap steel bolted across the top of the factory mounts will get you rolling and at least keep debris from flying up at you.
  18. mustangfrank

MTD columbia T/C cover

Member @cfh on here has a great page of info... http://www.pinrepair.com/minibikes/mtdinfo.htm
  19. mustangfrank

MTD columbia T/C cover

MTD was the manufacturer for all of them. Western Auto & Columbia to name two sold them with their badging. Cheezy has the dates correct on the covers, my original engine is a mid-year 1972. Your engine is MTD silver, good chance it's original. Either way you'll need to find the correct...