Search results

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Parts

1. C

1972 Rupp?

i would not go the light route. it's expensive from the motor with lighting coil, to the head lamp/wiring/tail lamp. Badge it as an 'enduro' and forget the lights. personally i would go the HS50 route myself.
  2. C

1972 Rupp?

almost for sure was once a Roadster2. The trials tires give it away (not black widow or enduro.) Also if the frame was originally black, probably 1972 model. and i agree with what guys posted... you can get the parts, but man it's gonna cost... Gas tank, seat/foam, torque converter, jackshaft...
  3. C

Paint or Powder Coat

a lot of people use the "Illusion" candy colors powdercoat as it is far easier to get a consistently good finish. It requires the color coat, then a clear. When you do a silver or gold base and a translucent top coat (to get the same effect), it is very easy to screw up the powder coat. The...
  4. C

Plastic mtd fuel tank

did you try the correct part???? it's fixed every mtd gas tank i've worked on.
  5. C

Throttle grip

the bolt goes against a spring which rubs on the rotating throttle. basically it makes a throttle a "dead man's" throttle. I always remove the spring and put the bolt back (because i want my throttle to spring back to 'idle' when i let go.)
  6. C

Plastic mtd fuel tank

the mtd gas tank rubber flanges are readily available. see www.pinrepair.com/minibikes/mtdinfo.htm#repair for info on this.
  7. C

Mtd 750

That bike above is nice because it's the 12" front wheel version. I just did one, bought it for $100. it needed *a lot* of work. But turned out nice. Has a 12" front wheel too. And a 1997 Tecumseh HSSK50 engine with a really clean bore and new oversize rings with the gap cut to .008. Has a slide...
  8. C

Tecumseh HS50 gas tank

need to be more specific. side or center fill? color? old small hole style or is the new large fill hole style ok?
  9. C

Hs40 55408c side cover

here's the brackets in place.
  10. C

Speedway Tanks

i thought it was the other way? the metal tab on the back used 71/72. the side two bolt-through tank design used in 73?
  11. C

Speedway Tanks

the one that says "speedway" is later, probably 1973. the other is 1971-1972.
  12. C

Hs40 55408c side cover

i don't think it's the same sump cover. the diameter of the crank that passes through the cover is smaller on h30 motors.
  13. C

Hs40 55408c side cover

all the MTD's i've seen the brackets overlap each other at the 11 oclock position (i have 5 of these bikes, they are all like that.) and they don't need to sit flat, they are just holding a cover. it's nothing that requires intense specs. also you can 'tweak' the brackets if needed. just put an...
  14. C

Hs40 55408c side cover

The bracket you have at the 6 oclock position is positioned wrong. move it to the 9 oclock position. and yes it shares the same mounting hole as the 12 oclock bracket (the hole that's stripped!) so you probably need to fix that. did you try chasing it with a 5/16-24 tap?
  15. C

HSSK50 small block mods

My LH195 aka HSSK50 is mounted and did a test drive this week. It kicks butt. i don't have a tach installed, but would say in the 5000 to 6000 rpm range. really makes the Speedway Scorpion move. As a re-cap, it's a snowblower motor i bought for $25. Great bore, original hatch marks still...
  16. C

Hs40 55408c side cover

you have those MTD side cover mounts incorrectly positioned. the bottom one doesn't go like that. just saying....
  17. C

HSSK50 small block mods

if you need to bore .020 over on a smaller bore hs50/hssk50, and can't find a piston, there is another route you can take... use standard bore thick ring piston/rings... it's about the same as a .020 thin ring piston.
  18. C

HSSK50 small block mods

on the lh195 they made SA and SP versions. the SP version was for 'performance'. maybe this is one difference.
  19. C

Torque Converter Help

If you install a 1/2 inch belt the engagement will be really high rpm. You’ll have no low end power. And basically the bike will suck. Will it work? Kind of and yes you will have to do some gentle caressing to get a comet 6 inch driven to work. The stock clutch guard will fit, no problem there...
  20. C

Cat Chrome Mini-Bike Guards (Bitch Fest)

The only bitch I have in this whole thing is the lack of paragraph usage by Mr. Huffman. Reading that was really difficult...