Search results

1. O

Glad that the 60 tooth worked for you. With my 50 tooth, I have to be careful that I don't...

Glad that the 60 tooth worked for you. With my 50 tooth, I have to be careful that I don't launch the bike from a start.
  2. O

You might want to try this guy for header pipes...

You might want to try this guy for header pipes: http://www.nrracing.com/category-s/1823.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=1823&show=30&page=2 I've heard good things about this guy.
  3. O

How did the 60 tooth rear sprocket work?

How did the 60 tooth rear sprocket work?
  4. O

I believe that is the same tank that I was looking at...

I believe that is the same tank that I was looking at: https://www.billetproofdesign.com/frisco-peanut-style-gas-tank-with-early-cam-or-bayonet-style-gas-cap-bung-steel-1-8-gallon-mid-tunnel/ I was concerned about clearance with the handlebars, also. POR-15 is also a gas tank sealer.
  5. O

You might want to try hotrodminibike.com for header and muffler or OMBWarehouse.com. Washers...

You might want to try hotrodminibike.com for header and muffler or OMBWarehouse.com. Washers didn't work for the idle screw. I ended up cutting a piece of rubber fuel line and fitting that between the carb body and the spring/screw. Approximately 1/8" of rubber fuel line worked perfectly...
  6. O

I got my Mikuni throttle cable from GoPowerSports. I'm not happy with the cable. I've adjusted...

I got my Mikuni throttle cable from GoPowerSports. I'm not happy with the cable. I've adjusted all adjusters and I still have approximately 7/8" of slop/free play in the throttle grip. I'm either going to shorten cable and make a new ball end for it or buy a new throttle assembly. Outside...
  7. O

Hi - the Mikuni cable that I ordered was 55". My Mikuni carb came with 30 pilot and 100 main...

Hi - the Mikuni cable that I ordered was 55". My Mikuni carb came with 30 pilot and 100 main jet. I'm currently running a 17.5 pilot jet and a 135 main jet. I'm going to try a 20 pilot jet, which I think will work. I'm also going to try a 130 main jet. A friend of mine is running a 190 main...
  8. O

Over spray removal

My experience with paint overspray has been a trial and error experience. You have to try clay and see. A lot depends on the base paint, it's condition, how long the overspray has been on the paint, what type of overspray, etc.. Normally, cleaning clay is a good place to start, then you can...
  9. O

Over spray removal

Auto detailing/cleaning clay has worked for me over the years. You have to try it in a small section and see how it works. That's always my first try. Then there are more serious products, more potentially damaging, if that doesn't work.
  10. O

I haven't really run into any reliability issues. Cold, my engine may take 4 pulls to start...

I haven't really run into any reliability issues. Cold, my engine may take 4 pulls to start. When warm, usually starts on first pull. PM sent.
  11. O

Tillotson 212 - Mikuni 22 mm or 24 mm Carb?

osu1978 - thanks again. I really can't believe that a brand new genuine Mikuni carb would have an issue like that. Then again, what am I saying, they probably cheapened up the springs to save 2 cents a carb w/o testing the new spring. I get it! I've been playing around with the torque...
  12. O

How far do you want to go with TM? Are you relatively happy with the way it performs now? For...

How far do you want to go with TM? Are you relatively happy with the way it performs now? For reference on performance, I weigh around 175 lbs. Are you looking for just the part# for the driver unit for the Tilly 212 and a picture of the exhaust that I did or do you want everything I did?
  13. O

Let me know if you got my PM. My computer hung in he middle of sending it. Thanks.

Let me know if you got my PM. My computer hung in he middle of sending it. Thanks.
  14. O

Hey Bikes of Mini - If you are interest, I can give you everything that I did to my Trailmaster...

Hey Bikes of Mini - If you are interest, I can give you everything that I did to my Trailmaster MB200-2. I'll give you part#s, etc... I've been working on it since last September. When I first got the TM MB200-2 it only had a top speed of 22 to 24 MPH and almost no power. It scoots along now...
  15. O

OSU1978 - YOU WERE RIGHT AND HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD!!! The idle screw was backing out due to vibration. Thank you for your suggestion! I watched the idle screw slot move (back out) when I revved the engine several times. That should be an easy fix. Weather was good today, so, I ran...
  16. O

OSU1978 - thanks for your reply. I appreciate your advice. I think you may be on to something. I've been researching and thinking about this condition. How I got the air screw almost all the way screwed in is because I had a bad off idle stumble. Couldn't give it any throttle off idle and it...
  17. O

OSU1978 - thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at your suggestion. However, I don't think that the idle screw is moving on it's own due to vibration. I have to keep raising the idle RPM to keep he engine running once it warms up. It starts with an idle around 1,300 RPMs and I have to...
  18. O

Also, the engine now gets to approximately 6,200 RPMs. However, it was still pulling when I ran out of runway.
  19. O

***UPDATE*** Had decent weather the other day. Decided to test the mini bike. Running a genuine Mikuni VM22-133 with 17.5 pilot and 135 main jets. Torque converter - installed white garter springs on the driver unit and moved the driven unit spring to the first hole. Also, installed what...