Search results

1. 7

Sears roper restoration

Looks great thanks !
  2. 7

Sears roper restoration

What brand paint ? Rattle can or shot from a gun?
  3. 7

Looking for 1 more HP !!

Got a 80’s hs40 that runs good, measured 100 psi on compression test. Installed a pz16 carb which seems great! Haven’t rode the bike yet still a work in progress, can follow along on the project forum under manco chopper. Anyway it runs good, is it worth the time to port the I/E bowls and ports...
  4. 7

shouldn't do it! 70's Manco Chopper

Whatever came with the HF titanium welder, I have some Lincoln I think when that runs out. I like this little HF $140 welder better than the little Lincoln $450 one I have at work!
  5. 7

Filled the 9 holes drilled throughout the frame!
  6. 7

Cut out and repaired the cut and hammered section.
  7. 7

Son is not showing much interest in it so its my mini bike now!!!!
  8. 7

I like the welder, i pre heated to be honest with a propane torch and got very good penitration, much better than the way it was welded back from manco new! i had anti splatter spray but decided not to use it, most of that will knock off
  9. 7

had a 71 superbee 383 ramcharger hood, and a 73 440 charger.
  10. 7

Frame coming along , welded neck and support much stronger now! Also added a weld at the underside of the top bars near the neck for strength.
  11. 7

Pz16 carb, runs good now to weld up the holes,
  12. 7

Correct fuel line

I used 1/4” automotive but it’s kind of loose fitting and stiff, what is the correct line, or a good quality replacement. Thanks
  13. 7

Carb and exhaust ideas for vintage chopper.

Thanks, so is just a straight pipe (open header) the best for performance ? or is there a muffled system that will work good also? I was planing to make a 1/2" smooth pipe right off the motor angled down about 12-15" with a long style straight 1/2" muffler off of that.
  14. 7

Thanks for the info! I understand these carbs only work well with a free flowing exhaust, I’m going to build my own but would still like to quiet it a bit. Is there a muffler that I can add to my system ? Maybe like a straight through cherry bomb or thrush type for a car? Thanks
  15. 7

Thanks, ordered the pz16 and throttle assembly !!
  16. 7

Very cool choppers !! How do you like the pz16 vs the stock carb ??
  17. 7

Hi, keeping the project chopper !! I need a carb, linkage, and also the linkage that goes on the side cover... BUT I read that a PZ16 carb works better, better throttle range and control, and I don’t have to worry about all the linkage and governor. Price would be the same or cheaper since I...
  18. 7

I'm back from from a long lay off from mini bikes, looking to start this project up in the next week with my teenage son. still going to try to make the rims work. what repop decals/hadware/seat-covers, etc ... is available for these manco stars and stripes choppers ??? thanks for your patience!!
  19. 7

What's good compression numbers??

Good info, thanks!