Search results

1. C

What make/model is this 2-stroke engine???

I,ve had this kickin around the garage for a long time and just decided to try to put it to use. Does anyone recognize what it is? The tag shows 8L and the carb says Walbro. The carb isn't white like the rest of the engine and the recoil could be Power Products, but might not be original...
  2. C

Which Lil Indian models had the 6" mags?

Just picked up a "roller" with 6" Lil Indian style mags (no lip). The frame has the straight pipe foot pegs and handlebar bends 1" above the triple tree. It also has a strange sprocket with 2 "grooves" in the face of it, looks like it is machined or stamped that way. Also has the Tecumseh hole...
  3. C

Boonie Rear Brake Cable Installation to Hub Actuator Lever??

Hello, reposting this here, mistakenly originally posted under Vintage USA originally My brake ready to install, and looked all ove the web for a diagram or close up showing how the original cable was attached to the brake hub lever and how it is supposed to adjust, but I gave up finally and...
  4. C

Boonie Rear Brake Cable Attach?

Hello, got my Bendix rear brake ready to install, and looked all ove the web for a diagram or close up showing how the original cable was attached to the brake hub lever and how it is supposed to adjust, but I gave up finally and decided to ask the members here on the OldMiniBikes forum. In an old...
  5. C

Heathkit Boonie Motor Plate Holes

Getting ready to start working on my GT-18 Heathkit Boonie frame, would like to know if there is somewhere I can find a pic of an original motor plate so I can see which holes I need to eliminate to make mine look like it is supposed to. Going to re-install an old 5HP Briggs, so stock original...
  6. C

Heathkit Boonie Brake Substitute?

Does anyone know where I can get a brake hub ass'y that will fit a Heathkit Boonie sprocket and bolt to the frame bracket like the original? I posted for a used original in "Wanted", but just in case I can't find one, this would be the next route to take. I have seen Azusa, wonder if those work...
  7. C

Heathkit Boonie Brake Assy & Chainguard

Looking to put stock brake and chainguard back on a Boonie I picked up recently. I'm in SE Michigan. Thanks
  8. C

Fox Condor vs Trail Tramp?

I have a Fox minibike I am thinking of restoring, but I can't find much info on it. It has the 10" spoke wheels, a rear (dick brake?) bracket, large rear wheel sprocket, 1-spd jackshaft, chrome handlebars bolted (and now welded) into the fork tubes, front springs exposed (probably not original)...
  9. C

Rupp and Other Torque Converter Belts Info

Just wanted to post this for info for anyone who is looking to buy a TC belt or is having issues with one they purchased. Would also like to know if this is even a potential issue? I just received 3 new Gates 6061 "Sportline" belts that I bought online (as a substitute for the original Comet...
  10. C

Black Widow secondary clutch shaft question

Just starting into a mild restoration of a Black Widow and have a jack shaft and secondary clutch question. I bot this one with the secondary (driven) clutch missing. First, which is the proper "ramp" for the clutch, I've seen 2 types. One looks like it has even triangle shaped ramps and the...
  11. C

Wards/Gilson Front Wheel and Possibly Front Fork WANTED

Just trying to get this old 1970 Wards/Gilson back on the road. When I got it it had a wheel barrel wheel on the front and the forks have seen better days. I can probably repair the fork but will go with a better one if I think the price is right, but the wheel barrel front wheel has to go...
  12. C

Ruttman Sprocket/Axle Spacer Lengths?

I'm trying to put my 1970 Ruttman Wild Goose rear wheel in the correct original position. I've seen a few different configurations of spacers and wonder if anyone out there knows what is the correct RH frame to wheel spacer length (I think 2") and what length spacers should go between the wheel...
  13. C

Need Original Ruttman Rear Wheel Spacer info

I'm trying to put my 1970 Ruttman Wild Goose rear wheel in the correct original position. I've seen a few different configurations of spacers and wonder if anyone out there knows what is the correct RH frame to wheel spacer length (I think 2") and what length spacers should go between the wheel...
  14. C

Ruttman/Harrison-Sale or Trade

I have an old Ruttman made Harrison roller, everything is there except the motor, clutch and chain. This model has the idler wheel. It still has the original Wildcat seat in good condition. I bought this one for my son, but he wants a small one. I would like to trade it for a smaller frame...
  15. C

Need help to connect H50 throttle lever

Well, I picked up another one this week. This is an old Montgomery Ward/Gilson bike w/an old H50 Tecumseh. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram or picture of the throttle linkage? It is set up for a minibike, but there is something missing that connects the throttle "boomerang" to the rest...
  16. C

Briggs Engine ID without correct Shroud??

I have some Briggs engines that don't have the original fan shrouds. How can I identify what the HP is on these? The 4HP and 5HP I can tell from the head casting # (if the heads havent been swapped) and the recoil size, (if the recoil is original), but I have a 3HP and what I think is a 2HP and...
  17. C

Lil' Indian questions

Did all Lil' Indians have a spring in the front, or were some solid? I have identified my mini as some model of Lil' Indian that had a rear caliper, but I can't understand why the fork looks different than others I've seen. Minibike Dean thinks someone may have pulled the handlebars back for a...
  18. C

Lil' Indian 500???

Well, my disease seems to be worsening. I just picked up another one today. I think it's a Lil' Indian 500 (missing the rear caliper), and the paint looks original, but there is no spring in front and the handlebars seem to sweep back more than others I've seen. Were there different front ends...
  19. C

Is this a Ruttman? What model & year?

O.K, I'll go first! I have an old minibike that looks like a Ruttman Pack Mule or Wild Cat but it doesn't have a jackshaft or shocks. The word Wildcat is stamped in the top of the blue vinyl seat and instead of a jackshaft, I have an idler wheel on the LH side and brake shoes that expand...
  20. C

Which Ruttman is this?

I have an old minibike that looks like a Ruttman Pack Mule or Wild Cat but it doesn't have a jackshaft. The word Wildcat is stamped in the top of the blue vinyl seat and instead of a jackshaft, I have an idler wheel on the LH side and brake shoes that expand inside the sprocket hub. It doesn't...