Search results

1. K

Predator throttle return spring pics

Can you guys post some pics of your added throttle return springs for a stock carb and linkage set up? Thank you in advance.
  2. K

Predator gas tank / throttle linkage help

So I test fitted the Predator on the Thunderbird and the gas cap can’t be removed. The Thunderbird has a gas tank. What needs to do done to take off the tank and still use the stock throttle linkage? Do I need a top plate? Any help will be appreciated.
  3. K

Manco Thunderbird Sprocket help

I picked up a Predator yesterday and getting ready for install. I have a 10 tooth clutch, a stock 72 tooth sproket and 420 chain. From what I am reading this will not be a great set up. I will probably leave the engine stock for now. A 60 tooth sprocket will work best? I have looked at OldMiniBikes...
  4. K

Tough start H35

I was at work and my son tried to start his bike today. He has never successfully started it on his own. It usually starts 2nd - 3rd pull. He failed. I got home later and I could not get it started. I am guessing he flooded it. I pulled the plug. I tried starter fluid. Finally after 40...
  5. K

Duromax 7hp with Electric start

I have future plans for an engine swap on the Thunderbird. I saw this and am curious how it stacks up to the Predator. I know it is a bit more money, but I like the electric start for my son. Does anyone have experience with this?
  6. K

My childhood Mini Bike!!!

Any Fox Doodlebug’s around? Now that I have bought my son his first bike, I once again searched for my childhood bike. This was it. Mine didn’t have the tank. The motor was replaced with a Briggs pick up carb / tank. It had a seat that said Judge on the back. The headlight...
  7. K

Looking for a Fox Doodlebug (see pics)

I am looking to re-live my youth and find my childhood mini bike. It was a Fox Doodlebug with the slant engine mount. It took me a while to figure out what I had. I never had the tank, the engine was replaced with a pick up carb / tank.
  8. K

3.5 lacking power

I have a 3.5hp side pop exhaust with a new ebay carb, new max torque 10 tooth clutch, and a 72 tooth rear sorocket on Manco Thunderbird. I believe i have the carb adjusted properly. The issue is the take off acceleration which is SLOW. It gets up to speed and rides well. On grass its even...
  9. K

Clutch band brake issue

I attempted to install a clutch band brake today on the Thunderbird today. I have an inward sprocket max torque clutch. When the cable is squeezed the band closes on an angle and the band hits the chain. Also the there is little room for adjustment. The band seems very tight on the clutch...
  10. K

H35 sputtering at open throttle

I bought a Manco Thunderbird with a Sears version H35. It needed throttle linkage (had the snow blower/ tiler type) and throttle cable. Hooked it up and got it running. The issue is at full throttle it sputters. Assuming its the governor, but possibly it’s something else? Any ideas? Happy...
  11. K

Thunderbird Clutch

Well i was working on the Thunderbird this evening. I put on the new throttle linkage, Throttle cable, then was trying to fit the new chain. As soon as I attempted to install the chain it was immediately apparent the sprocket and clutch did no line up. The clutch that came with the motor had...
  12. K

Tecumseh H35 throttle linkage???

I ordered a mini bike throtlle linkage, but am trying to understand what I am missing on the current set up. I have searched and looked at several posts and photos. Here is my issue. The lever that is on there seems to be hooked up, but when i move it up and down. The throttle does not move...
  13. K

Thunderbird brake lever

I am considering adding a clutch brake on my sons Thunderbird. The issue is the kill switch. Looks as if i will have to grind off the switch tab or cut back the grip. Has anyone dealt dealt with this?
  14. K

Manco Thunderbird wheels

Are there any replacement rear wheels available for the Thunderbird?
  15. K

Manco Thunderbird

I am going to look at a Manco Thunderbird today. Seller says motor runs. Not sure what else it needs. Curious what you think its worth. I know the photo has its limitations.
  16. K

ID Old Minibike

When I was a kid I reeceived a minbike (hand me down) from my older cousin. The bike was red (not original paint) and had a 3.5 hp briggs. To make a long story short I enjoyed the bike when it was running, but I spent most of my childhood just trying to get it to run. Anyway I am now a father...