Search results

1. loampey

OldMiniBikes decals

How about making up some more OldMiniBikes decals.
  2. loampey

power products AH47

I posted this in the Tecumseh section but thought a few more people might see it here. Want to know what year, what size clutch and anything particular to this engine when trying to get running?Thanks
  3. loampey

power products AH47

Just purchased this off e-bay. Can anyone tell me what year it is and what size clutch I will need? Anything special I need to watch for when trying to get it running?Thanks
  4. loampey

Predator 79cc performance parts

Is anyone selling performance parts for the 79cc motor? Will Honda GX120 parts work in it?
  5. loampey

finding oem parts for hs40

where do you all go for oem parts. getting difficult to find some parts.
  6. loampey

American Flyer 215/hemi build

I've just ordered a new AMF215 from gokartsusa. No one seems to know anything about them so I decided to do a build thread for you all to follow along. I ordered the roller kit with powder coated frame (patriot red chrome). The engine will be a predator hemi. I will include the engine build here...
  7. loampey

Hemi compression question

I just got my new 60363 and was wondering if any of you know the approx. compression with the +.020 rod and a .010 head gasket? my piston is .020 from top now.
  8. loampey

American Flyer 215

I just ordered a new American flyer 215 roller and was curious if anyone has built one of these. If so any issues during assembly? It looks like a pretty solid kit.
  9. loampey

Ruttman Toad repop from motorcityminz

Just got my ruttman frame from Bryan and it looks AWESOME! It's powdercoated candy blue shimmer. Look for a write up in project logs when I get started on assembly.:thumbsup:
  10. loampey

Deal gone bad w/Motorcityminz

Have any of you guys had any problems ordering from motorcity minz? Back in Jan. maybe Feb I sent a check to Bryan for a Ruttman frame and a few chrome pieces. On March 17 he PM'ed me telling me the frame was done and ready to go. I called to talk about shipping he said he would get to ups...
  11. loampey

poor mans header

got bored last night so I decided to make a header for my mini. made a flange out of a small piece of scrap and lopped off the end of some bent handle bars I had. Not bad considering i'm a sucky welder.
  12. loampey

rebuilding a max torque clutch

I have an old max torque clutch and decided to take it apart and reassemble just for practice and was wondering if any of you guys know any tricks for holding the clutch shoes together while putting the spring on without it all flying apart? I did get it back together but it was quite a challenge.
  13. loampey

Ann arbor and repops

I called Frank today and talked to him about the possibility of haveing a class for repops. He said if there was enough interest he would consider it. He didn't want to take space away from vendors if there wasn't going to be very many entrys. So if you think this is a good idea you need to let...
  14. loampey

just finished my old 49 Farmall M

Last year my dad give me an old farmall m he had got to mow with. he ended up not useing it so it was just sitting rusting away. The engine was shot tires were flat and squrriels had made nests in the radiator grill. Dad said if I wanted to drag it home I could have it. Aftera few hours of...
  15. loampey

electronic wizard needed

can the ac powered electric starter motors on snowking engines be made to work on 12 volt dc.
  16. loampey

new tecumseh?

Do you guys think anyone will ever buy tecumseh and start making engines again? :shrug:
  17. loampey

need help deciding

Just got my Azusa roller together and have several engine options. What do you guys think.:shrug: From left to right 18hp 12hp 6hp 4hp
  18. loampey

replacing old style recoil starter

A buddy of minie just give me a 5 horse with the old style clutch and recoil starter. the engine is in great shape except for the recoil starter and housing they are beyond repair. Can I replace with the newer style starter with the cup.:shrug:
  19. loampey

Plastic cam?

Do the newer tec hssk's Have a plastic or steel cam. Second question. Do plastic cams hold up well under hipo applications?
  20. loampey

Christmas morning 1972

Just found an old photo of me on my first mini. Anybody else get there first mini on Christmas?