Search results

1. Doodle Bug Jr.

What is this wheel?

Found this when cleaning the garage. Any thoughts?
  2. Doodle Bug Jr.

Westbend Chain Guard and Mount

I am finally back in the shop and looking to finish one of my projects. I'm looking for one of these chain guards and mounts. I am willing to make some trades if anyone is interested.
  3. Doodle Bug Jr.

My Latest: Taco Chalupa

This is a knock off Frijole that used to belong to another member outta state. Unfortunately it had gotten a damaged durring shipping so I decieded to completely redo it.
  4. Doodle Bug Jr.

Trail Horse Done Up

We just about finished my buddy's Trail Horse project. We started with a bare, rusty frame last year, then after powder coating it sat in my garage. Glad to get it done to make room for more mini's.
  5. Doodle Bug Jr.

1/2" front axle on Taco??????

I was wondering if anyone has heard of any Taco's having a 1/2" front axle? My 55 has a 3/4" rear and a 1/2" front.
  6. Doodle Bug Jr.

Ugly, Rare and Cool!

This one is pretty ugly but I knew I had seen it somewhere before. If I was close I would snatch it, throw a clinton on it, and ride it as is for a neat rat bike. Mini bike -- home made
  7. Doodle Bug Jr.

Survivor Taco's ?

I got a couple survivor Taco's and was wondering if anyone could date them based on the serial numbers? Thanks in advance. Taco 22 #9P364 Taco 44 #70T384
  8. Doodle Bug Jr.

Operation Taco 55

I posted this before in the other forum but here is more appropriate. So far, so good, I plan on having it together by May or so. Luckily I have a good friend that happens to be a top flight welder to help unbutcher this thing.
  9. Doodle Bug Jr.

Look at this thing!

1970 Clinton ATB 700
  10. Doodle Bug Jr.

Taco 22 db??

Any info on these? I picked up a Taco 22 but it has a brake drum and no scrub brake. I was wondering if any 22's came with a drum brake instead?
  11. Doodle Bug Jr.

New show "American Pickers"

Pretty cool show, these guys go digging thru barns and find all kinds of cool stuff. I just saw a doodlebug in the new episode but they didnt even pay any attention to it. I bet they could of got it for 20 bucks too.
  12. Doodle Bug Jr.

CA. Minibike Dealer's in the 60's?

Does anyone have memories or info on shops that used to carry minibike's back in the day? In the bay area I have heard of Jacks Go Shop and Pitstop in Daly City.
  13. Doodle Bug Jr.

Where's Waldo Mini Bike?

We picked this thing up last week, looks to be a prop off a Mad Max movie. If you look closely you can see what little gem someone had hacked up when they made this beast.
  14. Doodle Bug Jr.

This one looks interesting

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/mcy/1398415565.html Kinda cool frame, wonder what it is?
  15. Doodle Bug Jr.

Where to find 5/8 bolt on sprocket and hub?

Does anyone know where they sell these types of 4 bolt hub and sprockets in 5/8 for a jackshaft? The only ones I could find were 1 inch for go karts. Thanks in advance.
  16. Doodle Bug Jr.

Trojan Resto 90%

Here is my early model Trojan Mini Bike manufactured in Walnut Creek Ca. in the mid 60's. I tried to keep is as correct as possible but little is known about these mini bikes. The last thing to add is the fenders and they should be done shortly. Thanks to kbs8ball, caperman, and a few other...
  17. Doodle Bug Jr.

Older 4hp Briggs???

Im looking for an older briggs in good shape. The application I need it for took a gold 4hp briggs with rear tank and stick carb. It was basically a 5hp except the fan shroud was a little different with a smaller attached pull start (opposed to the larger 4 bolt one.) I got lots of stuff to...
  18. Doodle Bug Jr.

Early Bonanza's w/Westbend 610???

I saw an old post a while back about the early Bonanza's with Westbend engines on them. Does anyone have a pic or link to that post? Id like to show my dad, Thanks in advance.
  19. Doodle Bug Jr.

Trojan on Craigslist BAY AREA

Someone got a good score on a cool mini... I called a little too late... It was a late model Trojan pretty much all there except fender, rear shocks and chain guard for $50... Man... Hope they dont hack it up.
  20. Doodle Bug Jr.

Old book called "Mini Bikes" ??

Im trying to see if anyone remembers a short old book called "Mini Bikes" from the mid 60's. There was one beat up copy in my old elementary school library up until the late 80's early 90's when they remodeled it. It was a brown hard cover book and it featured pics of the Powell Challenger...