Search results

1. allen1967

BONANZILLA (rebirth of the monster mini)

I wanted to compete in the drag racing this year with a vintage minibike; not a pepboy knockoff. I found a trashed Bonanza 500 then traded it for one that needed a bit more work (bc1300). I had to make a new Head tube. The old one was welded on at the wrong rake. Then replaced the...
  2. allen1967

Bonanza: KCC (Kings County Chopper) style

I was looking for a Chopper to build, ride and enjoy. Found this one from a member in Texas. He had started to rebuild the bike and had not been able to complete the work. It looked like the bike had been through several owners, several different attempts to restore the bike. Want to thank...
  3. allen1967

Seats for Minibikes, metal flake vinyl

I am changing the seats on some of my minibikes. I am leaning towards metal flake vinyl (old '60's style). Anyone willing to post some pictures of their finished seats? It will give me an idea on size, pattern, etc. Thanks
  4. allen1967

new and near new 2.8 motor

I have two 2.8 motors 1 has less then two hours of ridding time $70.00 the other has no hours of ridding time $85.00 . You pay shipping or $150.00 for both and I will ship for free (US.ONLY) both motors come complete with clutch and cover. I live in Lemoore California Zip 93245
  5. allen1967

Can't stop this

I have put a 13hp.clone motor in my big tire baja bike to use in the circle track racing and now I can't stop it:surrender:.the brakes fade after about two laps.:scared:Has anyone put a good disc brake ,jackshaft brake ,clutch brake ,or much better shoes with a drum vent to get rid of the heat ?
  6. allen1967

mini biketoberfest race and show.

the kings speedway has set up a race and show of minibikes and pocketbikes on Oct 10,2009.They will have 1/5 mile oval ,1/8 mile drag , T T track J shaped , burn out contest , and much more. General admission is $10.00 racers are $40.00 for any or all events bring as many bikes as you can...
  7. allen1967

return of the twin bonanzas

Purchased these 1965 Bonanzas from the original owner. He picked up the twin set a the factory with his dad. 44 years later, it was time for a makeover. Oddly enough, the local race is in seven days...plenty of time to refurbish, rebuild, renew a set of bikes. I found the serial number...
  8. allen1967

Save the date(s)!!!

Race at Kings County Speedway at the Fairgrounds on 9/12/09. This is a solid reservation, afternoon racing will be held in between other races. But for MINIBIKES: gates open at 10am, minibikes will have a reserved area in the pits (the only reason to collect RSVP numbers is to make sure we have...
  9. allen1967

Fun run in Hanford CA

Thanks to everyone who could make it up on short notice. Participation was the key to being invited back by the management. We will be getting a report in the next few days. It was great meeting you all. Edward (the pro-photographer) volunteered his evening and took pictures and video. For those...
  10. allen1967

FunRun:Kings Speedway, Hanford CA 7/31/09

We are working with the management at the Kings Speedway track to allow minibike events in the future. So we are starting small, JUST for fun, no trophies, no cash, no crybabies! If you are in the area and would like to test your bike on a real track with a real audience, this may be for you...
  11. allen1967

I know curiosity can kill....

...and certainly my wife will kill me for bringing home more toys. I am just curious to find out if I am an a-typical collector. I started with 1967 Camaros (real cars, not Hot Wheels), Corvettes, occasional trucks, etc. Now I have dwindled down to two 67 Camaros, 69 Corvette, 06 Corvette, 34...
  12. allen1967

Got Twins? Early Bonanzas

Bought these 1965 Bonanza twins from the original Fresno owner. Owner and father picked up the twins at the Bonanza factory; said that they originally had Briggs/Stratton motors, never had kick stands or fenders. No foot pegs but did have front springs. Bikes have never been separated and serial...
  13. allen1967

Bonanza fuel tank question....

Does anyone have info on the size of the original fuel tank for the Bonanza 1300. I believe it was located under the seat. I am restoring bike and will make a stainless steel tank, just need size.
  14. allen1967

another puzzling find....

Hi everyone, I picked up a new toy at the swap meet today. The guy who sold it to me knows nothing about the bike; no history available. It looks like the suspension was removed as the bike went through owners. It may possibly be a Taco. Any ideas? I have attached two photos.
  15. allen1967

Bonanza rear sprocket....

Hi everybody, I am a new member and have been reading lots of great info. I have several minibikes, but would like to ask a question about my 1967 Bonanza 1300 (I think). The rear sprocket is very worn, 72 teeth. How do I get a replacement? Is someone making sprockets? 35 chain, any tooth count...